Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic & Sports Car

Must get this! I'm a big fan of the A610 Turbo too, still have the original sale brochure! lol Almost bough one last year that needed a bit of TLC.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

2. Default

To put the 328 as benchmark in context, it was not an issue of original competitor (agreed, would be 348/355) but of current market value. I've not read the article yet, but the magazine wanted to borrow one of my cars, a Maserati Merak SS, but on the day they flooded the carbs and couldn't start it (I was overseas). They also had a couple of 911s lined up, one of which (an early turbo) was stacked by its owner on the way to the shoot (ouch), and the Uracco turned up on the back of a trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    What sort of figures did they quote for the NSX?
    0-60 5.8secs, 158mph. A heathly 3.0Ltr should do a bit better than that

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Must get this! I'm a big fan of the A610 Turbo too, still have the original sale brochure! lol Almost bough one last year that needed a bit of TLC.
    I've always been quite partial to the A610 Turbo. I like the exterior looks but the interior is a disaster. A nice looking, low mileage red one was up at £5,500 on Pistonheads last year.

I won't forgive Clarkson for trashing a perfectly nice blue one on his last but one DVD

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    0-60 5.8secs, 158mph. A heathly 3.0Ltr should do a bit better than that

Top speed is an interesting one. The two ~97 cars tested by Autocar both did around 160mph (I was reading Acura-Honda NSX Performance Portfolio last night). It was only the 2002 press car that got over 160 (171 IIRC). Will check again tonight. I think the Millbrook banking saps 1 mph for every 10mph over 100mph.

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    I think the Millbrook banking saps 1 mph for every 10mph over 100mph.
    As proved by Jason Plato on "Fifth Gear" this week, the 190mph Maserati Gran Turismo S could only manage 152mph, "foot to the boards", around the Millbrook bowl. Apparently there was a strong headwind.

Cheers

Mark

As proved by Jason Plato on "Fifth Gear" this week, the 190mph Maserati Gran Turismo S could only manage 152mph, "foot to the boards", around the Millbrook bowl. Apparently there was a strong headwind.

Cheers

Mark
    Saw that last night and thought it strange. The question remains, how did an allegedly standard 2002 NSX do 171 round the same bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    We need Chris (nationofzeros) in this thread! He has owned more than one of these, and has a real passion and deep knowledge for them. I talked to him at Japfest about it - I'm sure he is/was part of the UK owners club too.

Great looking cars - my Mum always wanted one when I wanted younger!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

The problem is that perhaps that particular 3.2 had a stronger engine than others, perhaps it had no CD changer and the spare and toolkit where out. Could be a skinny driver?

Is a shame there is not a place where we can try the cars over a 5 miles strech of road.

That 158mph and 5.8 seconds... I'll leave it at that.

I could do 5.3 secs 0-60 easily as measured with a Racelogic meter. That was before low ratio gearbox and other lightweight changes.

5 mile stretch of road? Germany.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Cheers

Mark
    The strong headwind remark put a smile on my face. Because the Millbrook bowl is a full circle around a certain amount of the bowl the headwind would actually be a tailwind assisting the car.

It doesn't say alot for the cars aerodynamics !

(yes I know there are many other factors, like the type of tyres used, pressures, rolling resistance etc etc but it still made me smile)

On that note is there anybody that remember's the XJ 220 vmax run where they even took the cats off to try and reach the manufactures quoted top speed. I beleive it might even have been Tiff driving it on top gear a few years back ?

Pete.
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast