Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CCU Computer board Service - Part 1/3

Well what can I say?
    Met with Kaz today to collect my repaired board, fitted back into car and bingo..... it's like new

Fantastic professional service, kept me updated as the work progressed, and managed to save a very bad (almost terminal) board. I think Kaz will post some photos showing the extent of damage to the CCU board.

Kaz is a modest guy, but you can take it from me he has an impeccable CV when it comes to cutting edge auto technology especially with the NSX. I'll leve it to Kaz to expand.

Anyway my a/c only started to act up recently, and I am so glad, I took action to get the ccu looked at. If you are at all unsure whip it out and let "The Kaz Man" check it out!
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

Blog Entries

Hi, all.
    Have been quite busy recently and I'm glad the site is back on again.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Kaz,

Do you have any idea how many BHP the AC will use during operation?
    I tend to use it all the time as well, but normally turn it off when going for a spirited drive.

Many thanks,

Ary
    Hi, Ary. Good to hear from you again.
    I don't know the exact figure for the power loss as it depends on many conditions including the a/c gas being used (R12/134a).
    It is a good idea to switch it off during the spirited driving in order to protect the compressor clutch kicking in at high rpm. Having said this, it is possible that the protection software (like other cars) is already applied for NSX as CCU receives rpm signal as well.

I don't track my NSX these days as I can use other cars. In the past, tested with/without a/c but there were almost no difference on the lap time. There was a protection software to switch off a/c under high rpm or wide open throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyG View Post
    I'd just like to say a big thanks to Kaz for his work on my CCU, and that we're lucky to have him here in the UK! His knowledge of our car is mind boggling, and he went well out of his way to get my board sorted before a trip to Austria, ......
    Hi, BabyG.
    Thank you for the nice feedback.
    Not sure whether you are back from Austria or not but I hope you enjoyed the comfortable driving with serviced CCU.
    I'm more than happy to look at your car on your return for other requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Greybloke View Post
    Well what can I say?
    Met with Kaz today to collect my repaired board, fitted back into car and bingo..... it's like new

Fantastic professional service, kept me updated ....
    Hi, Greybloke.
    Thank you for the kind feedback.
    I'm glad that I managed to save your CCU board. Your board was probably the worst one that I ever dealt with.... I'll post some photos later as it was a very good example of [Have it serviced before it's too late].

Looking forward to helping another member in the near future.

Regards,
    Kaz

Blog Entries

Default New record for the history of service work...

Hi, all.

Recently, I worked on a CCU board that made the new record of my service work... I never used so many hard wires and jumpers in the past.

Once again, please have your CCU board serviced before it's too late. Even you don't feel any issues, it could be too late.

Already some of the 02+ NSX were suffereing from the same issue.
    Not surprised as any NSX in the world are at least 3 years old by now.

Following is a good example;
    This time, the member reported that he just started to feel intermittent issue on the fan speed control.
    After receiving the CCU board, it was tried to re-create the reported issue.
    Only managed to re-create it once after several attempts.

So, the box was opened and ....
    The leakage was so bad that it managed to invade the nearby components as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C32R10-11Q10.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	5048 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C24Before.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	5050

Some of the circuit pads and tracks were completly lost so big repair work and cleaning process were carried out.

Name:	C32After.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	5052 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C24After.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	5049 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3JumperWireUsed.JPG 
Views:	343 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	5051

At the end, I had to use 6 hard wires and 3 jumpers to rebuilt the lost pad/track connection. Until now, I only used 4 hard wires and 2 jumper wires for the worst case senario so this CCU board hit the new record.

Another member saved .

Regards,
    Kaz

Holy-moly!!

Can anybody remove the unit for me to send to Kaz, I am near Colchester Essex ??
    My cars an early '91 so I am now a bit worried. I have to turn the temperature higher than in my other cars to get the usual comfortable interior temp of around 21 degree C.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Default CCU removal

S.S., don't be afraid to do it yourself .
    Kaz has posted some pics before on it's removal and "BrianK" at Prime has a step by step as well. All you need is a phillips head screwdriver and one credit card.
    It's a piece of pi$$.

Cheers
    nigel

Extracting the CCU is easy.

The CCU photos Kaz posted is mine, i.e from a 91 car, scary eh!

I would recommend anyone with a "older" car to get it serviced before the rot sets in. I had no idea it was this bad until it was taken out of the car for inspection.
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

Blog Entries

Hi, all.

Some of the members visited my place over the weekend to have their CCU removed/installed and also had a quick health check of their NSX.

Recently, one of the member visited my place as he couldn't get any power to his CCU even after one of the well known electronics parts store worked on his board. He requested the store to replace all capactiors.

When I looked at the board, I understood why he couldn't recover the power to the CCU.
    Despite the original request, 7 out of 13 capacitors were not even replaced.

Name:	PoorWork.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	5053 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C14original.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	5054
    Also, the soldering was very poor that some of the circuits were not connected properly.
    The damaged circuit pad and track were not repaired at all.
    To make the things worse, all of the capacitors that the store replaced were of wrong (voltage and temperatire) spec ...

After lots of re-built process and cleaning, the CCU recovered all of its function.

Name:	C14rebuilt.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	5055Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C14After.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	5056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C24After.JPG 
Views:	317 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	5057
    The member visited my place again to have the CCU installed and at the same time, carried out the CCU function and operation check to test the sensors and actuators on the car.

Addition to this, a quick health check of engine and chassis were performed to list up some recommendation for the future service.

Also on the same day, helped him with the installation of aftermarket speaker units into the door panel.

Another happy member...

Regards,
    Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    Holy-moly!!

Can anybody remove the unit for me to send to Kaz, I am near Colchester Essex ??
    My cars an early '91 so I am now a bit worried. I have to turn the temperature higher than in my other cars to get the usual comfortable interior temp of around 21 degree C.

SS
    SS, if you are really unsure about doing it yourself, give me a shout, not only that, but I am not too far from Kaz, so I could drop off the unit for you.

Kaz is also doing a LOT of work to my CCU as it had packed in completely, and I have just received an email from him telling me it now works, what can I say the man is a genius!!

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Cheers jim,

I was planning for next week but are you away?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

10. Default Hey Kaz!!

Hey Kaz,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, ADVICE AND EXPERTISE (in no particular order).

I can HIGHLY recommend your services and your hospitality was second to none

It was good to meet up with you and thanks for helping to install the speakers I will be getting a sub fitted at some point as the sound is alittle too 'tinny'.....but that was expected running off only two speakers. I bought the adapter and the stereo (JVC AVX-44, for Kaz ref ) works well. I am waiting for adddtional parts before I can complete the full install properly.

Cheers Kaz, If you are ever around the area give us a shout and I can return the hospitality

Andy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast