Thread: CCU Computer board Service - Part 1/3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default CCU Computer board Service - Part 1/3

A/C (Air Conditioner) Climate Control Unit (CCU) Computer board Service

Hi, all. After some careful consideration, I decided to offer this service to the NSX owners.
    As I'm doing this on a private/friend basis and I would like to be very flank and honest, I decided to put everything here and I'll appreciate if you can read all of the contents carefully.

It's going to be long..... There will be 3 posts in total....

After you read all of the 3 posts and if you are interested, please PM me first to arrange the schedule and exchange the contact detail.

The Price

• [Edit: Feb/11] As our NSX is getting older and older, the amount of repair work required for each board is increasing. Because of this, from Feb/2011 onwards, additional repair work (rebuilding track & pad using jumper wire or other method) will be charged at GBP15 per part/component.
    • GBP90 for the base service.
    • [Edit: Apr/2013, Mar/2020] GBP15 for the P & P for returning the Computer board through the post in UK. P&P may change without prior notice depending on the weight of the package and latest price by Royal Mail.
    • GBP20 for removal of CCU, another GBP20 for the installation. Therefore, GBP40 for removal and installation.
    • The member (you) is responsible for the method and cost for sending/bringing the Computer board to my place.
    • Please note that the new Computer board will cost more than GBP1,000 through Honda UK and it could be out of stock. Please handle it carefully. I’ll only use Royal Mail Special Delivery with extra compensation for returning the Computer board through the post for UK address.
    • For the request from outside of UK, international postage fee to be checked and insurance fee to be agreed.
    • Payment method to be discussed (Paypal available).

The Fact

• Climate Control Unit (CCU) consists of Computer and Display board.
    • There are 13 aluminium electrolytic capacitors on CCU computer board.
    • Sooner or later, some of these capacitors are going to leak causing damage to the circuit board.
    • The leak starts without being noticed. By the time it caused any issues to the climate control, the damage could be quite serious.
    • Therefore, it is highly recommended to replace all 13 capacitors as a preventative measure before start experiencing any climate control issues.
    • Replacing the 13 capacitors won’t guarantee to fix all of the issues. There are several sensors, actuators, cables and etc that are involved in climate control. Therefore, this service may fix the computer board issues but not the ones outside of CCU.
    • In US, similar service is offered at about US$150 including the postage within the US states.
    • US market is the biggest and demands for this kind of service are higher than other countries.
    • In UK, the new CCU computer board costs GBP933.91+VAT=about GBP1,074. Wow!!

Still interested? Then please continue...

The Basic

• This service is purely for private friend basis and not for commercial purpose.
    • The aim is to help the NSXCB members.
    • Needs to balance between the member’s demands, what I want to do, what I can do, the time required, the risk involved and etc.
    • Be fair for each member including myself.
    • Please send/bring ONLY the Computer board.
    • DO NOT send/bring the Display module. There are 2 small light bulbs on this module and they can easily break internally.
    • Please discharge any static electricity before handling the CCU.
    • You can separate the Computer board and Display module by carefully disconnecting the 2 connectors at the Computer board.
    • The RIGHT side photo is the only part you need to send/bring to me.
    • Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCU-Assy.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	4934 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ComputerBoardUnit.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	4935

• Please refer to the Workshop Manual (on-line version available) on how to take out the CCU.
    • When removing the Centre Air Vent, please be careful not to scratch the centre console with the sharp bottom edge of the air vent. It is recommended to insert 2 plastic cards at each corner for protection.
    • These cards will also help lifting the spring latch at the bottom of the Centre Air Vent. Try adjusting the angle of inserted card and give a good wiggle on the card while pulling the Centre Air Vent.
    • Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CentBlower1.JPG 
Views:	655 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	4930 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CentBlower2.JPG 
Views:	649 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	4931 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CentBlower3.JPG 
Views:	602 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	4932

Continues to Part 2/3...

Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 02-03-2020 at 02:51 PM. Reason: P&P charge change due to increase by Royal Mail from Apr/2013.