View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Larini exhaust, and if so, what would be your limit?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, not interested

1 16.67%
  • Yes, definitely (as long as not too expensive)

2 33.33%
  • Might be, would pay up to £600

1 16.67%
  • Might be, only if under £400

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Larini exhaust - possible Group Buy?

Default Larini exhaust - possible Group Buy?

Following up on the post about the Larini exhaust on Ebay (actual unit here).

[EDIT]

OK - here's the deal. The Seller of the Ebay unit was (I think) connected with Larini Systems, and still has contacts there. He said they will make the now-discontinued NSX exhausts for him, with 2 weeks' lead time. Cost to us will be £450 + £15 P&P, payment via PayPal individually straight to the seller, and he'll arrange delivery straight to you.

He said a minimum of 3 units would be required - we have that. If any one else wants in, shout before midday on Friday 6th Feb, cos I'll be ordering the exhausts in the afternoon.

If you need any more convincing, see http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vq-zx1ZwgRU and look out for Luke's Larini. Or PM me your hotmail/msn/live ID and I'll give you access to my SkyDrive video which has static revving too - an interesting comparison between Larini, Tubi, Taitec & stock. I think I still prefer the Taitec but it is 3 times the price of the Larini...

[/EDIT]

cheers
    Ewan
    Last edited by Ewan; 03-02-2009 at 08:56 PM.
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

At £400 I'd be interested.

Anyone run one on here without cats?

Default Talk to new dad hence not on here any more, Lankstarr

Luke doesn't have cats on his IIRC

Sounded good then on the youtube clip, not too loud, quite smooth.

Hi All,

I only said no on the vote as I have just bought new exhause system for my car.

If I hadn't done that then I would have been interested.

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Well that pretty much cancels my project. I can't compete with that as my systems are costing me a lot more than that.

Those of you who have PM me and awaiting my exhaust, go right ahead with this one.

Regards,

Ary.

PS. Enjoy the droning.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Well that pretty much cancels my project. I can't compete with that as my systems are costing me a lot more than that.

Those of you who have PM me and awaiting my exhaust, go right ahead with this one.

Regards,

Ary.

PS. Enjoy the droning.
    What was your one AR? Must have missed that...

After I sold a few different exhausts, some members PM me and for the last 3 or so months I've been working on an exhaust. Due to me going Holiday, Sgop closing for Christmas and me wanting it to be perfect, still the prototype is not finished. My main concern is the one that is ignore by most exhaust builders. Drone, I wanted a system that was quiet at motorway speeds and wail at VTEC. I also wanted a system that will allow cats.

I guess I'll call it the Spruce Goose sytem.

Price was going to be around £ 650 to £ 700.

In a way I am glad as after talking to my exhaust guys I was probably going to make less than £ 50.00 after all the messing about.

Regards,

Ary

Ary

Let's not jump the gun: it may be that the seller of the brand new Larini system on Ebay only got £450-odd for his system, and he really would have expected £750 or more ...

I asked the seller if he can get more systems and for what price: he responded "how many do you want? maybe I'll see what I can do" so I figured on getting a level of interest from the NSXCB.

If your system is better/non-droning, then maybe it's worth more, just like some of the Ti systems are thousands of £ each and are worth more than the stainless ones to people who want their characteristics ...

cheers

Ewan

PS. I've seen the Spruce Goose in its final resting place in the middle of rural Oregon, and it's fantastic

Didn't Luke get his from Larini itself? His was the prototype one I think. Why go through a reseller to get a group buy?
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast