Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand brake button

1. Default Hand brake button

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knows how to remove the handbrake button? The button on my hand break look bad, with the paint already peeled off. I have ordered from Honda a button replacement and a spring (i think)...

Is it just a simple process of pulling it out?

Cheers,

Andy

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

When taking the button off I just used a pair of plier and got a good grip and it screws off. There is a small spring there but it just sits behind the button so you wont damage it and you dont need a new one.

When installing the new button your best to buy that boa strap that Paul left a link too as it's just about impossible to re-fit the new button without it. It worked a treat and didnt damage anything.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

4. Default Thanks for your advice

Hi Sudesh,

I have read the thread. I guess therefore i should unscrew it and then the spring will pop out? Then just screw the other one in?

How come it will be so hard, is that because the button to quite far inside the handbrake bar? Sorry to sound really stupid but sometime i need the obvious stated...

Thank though for your help. I will be picking the part up in a couple of days and will try then

Cheers,

Andy

Yeah if you unscrew it, the spring will pop out, you should start to notice it anyway as the button reachs the end of the threads, of the metal rod, that holds the button inside the hand brake.

Its just a tight fit not sure why really. But I know if I didnt purchase that boa starp I wouldnt have got the new button on correctly again.

6. Default I have taken note :)

Cheers for the advice i will try as soon as i get the part. I am a little paranoid now though if i cant get the new button back on

But anyways if i dont try then it will stay with a crap peeled paint button...which i cant stand....so gonna do it and see what happens.

THanks again....and will tell you what happens.

CHeers,

Andy

You wont have any problem getting the button on if you buy the strap wrench. Its cheap and worth the purchase! I've used now for various things, great purchase for only £3.00

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BOA-Baby-Boa...7254376&sr=8-6

8. Default :)

Cheers SUdesh,

Just ordered and think i will wait until i receive this tool I also bought some wipers as well...dunno how good they will be....

Cheers,

Andy

9. Default Thank you for your advice

Sudesh,

Thank you for your advice...I am glad I listened to you and bought the strap wrench...i dont think i would of stood any chance to screw the new button back intot he handbrake!!

Cheers mate,

Andy

No problem!

I learned the hard way unfortunatley the first time, getting the button off was no problem but putting the new one on wasnt happening as you cant get a grip, its a very tight fit and you dont want to use any tools because you would just damage the new button.

So its really thanks to Paul for the advise on the boa strap.

Andy, did you go for the Black or chrome button?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast