Thread: MPG

Default MPG

it cost me about £37 to drive from dorset to newcastle on tyne in my NSX, and the same trip in my CR-V cost about £57, the CR-V is an auto though, both are 05 reg, the distance is almost exactly 350 mls, and both traveling at 75/80mph. if someone had of told me that the NSX would be cheaper to drive up i would not have believed them.

I bought my NSX from a place near Coventry and drove it back to Crawley in Sussex. It was a mare of a journey coming round the M25 but I managed 32 mpg, quite respectable.

3. Default

Can honestly say my NSX is no thirstier than our Cooper S

I've never managed 32mpg, but then again my feet are quite large and heavy! If I'm good I can get 25mpg from a tankful of optimax/ultimate which combines local trips and short motorway jaunts. Even if I was good I think 30mpg might be atainable, but mine is a Japanese import and has slightly different gearing from the UK versions.

I know that it is possible to get as little as 14mpg, which would be good for anything as sleek as the NSX on the road wearing a prancing horse. But, my 14mpg session was done tearing round bedford autodrome all day. I expect you could half that figure if you took your prancing horse out on the track and drove it hard.
    Enjoy it while it lasts ...
    Gone but never forgotten ...
    '96 Black over Red 3.0 Manual JDM import (09/04 to 10/07)
    '06 Grey Audi RS4 Saloon Manual (08/06 to 09/07)
    '90 Lotus Carlton (06/05 to 08/06)
    '77 Spitfire Mk V (06/87 to 09/89)