Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Next NSX

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    Nissan have the right idea and price (in Japan!)... just a shame it's so Fugly! It's got 4 seats and is a beast - it doesn;t have supercar looks but I'd be tempted by one as I could fit kid(s) in the back.

L*
    Not sure anyone has any idea right now what to do. One thing is clear, big expensive cars, in whatever shape or purpose, are not selling unless heavily discounted. Even the Bugatti is down ... albeit to only £750k

I'm thinking that classics are the way to go and just by coincidence, thats where the NSX is going too
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    One thing is clear, big expensive cars, in whatever shape or purpose, are not selling unless heavily discounted. Even the Bugatti is down ... albeit to only £750k .
    oh thats real cheap, so i ll take two

Read somewhere that all cars, especially super or Hyper cars are all taking a hammering, apparently a Bug Veyron yours for 600 or 650K (not sure if new)?, brand new 911 Ts for 15k off, new M3s 10K off & the gorgeous nearly new AM DBS 30-40K off! Does'nt matter to Bond as its a company car!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

4. Default

I read that Bugatti have a longer waiting list now than they've ever had! I don;t think the uber rich will be affected by the recession.

Second hand fezzas may take a hit but I doubt the new new ones will!

Cheers,

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    I read that Bugatti have a longer waiting list now than they've ever had! I don;t think the uber rich will be affected by the recession.

Second hand fezzas may take a hit but I doubt the new new ones will!

Cheers,

Luke
    Luke,

I know you have the inside knowledge on this one, however FWIW I know there are discounts given for new Ferrari's. As an example the new 430 Scud can be had with a 25k dealer discount. Further more a "top end" dealer has gone under.

We haven't even seen the start of this recession.

6. Default

I'm not sure I have inside knowledge! Just something I thought I'd heard ... not sure where!

I guess the question is whether the ferrari discounts are greater now than they were a year ago!

Everyone is going to be affected and I agree that we haven;t seen the start of things yet. Maybe Bugatti less affected than the likes of Ferrari - if second hand prices are getting slaughtered then people are leess likely to want to stomoch the depreciation of a new one... so the large discounts make sense.

Cheers,
    Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNSX View Post
    We haven't even seen the start of this recession.
    +1

For collectable cars which won't get driven anyway the demand may remain high.

As Honda decided to cut the costs by leaving F1, lowering the production and employment I guess that the 'next NSX' will never be released.
    Last edited by goldnsx; 07-12-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Also the Bug will be limited to a total production run of about 300 or less? So rarity will keep values high, maybe not in the Mac F1 league as less than ton split bewteen road & race. Still can't get my head round VW losing around 3-4 million on each car made!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

That R8 pic makes it look like an NSX MPV! Why does it still only hold 2?

Those Autoexcess renderings (especially the hilariously bad cutway; did a child make it?) demonstrate why I no longer trust nor purchase magazines.

Personally, I'd probably have the Acura over the Aston, despite the cringingly bad badge. I love Honda reliability and engineering integrity. Maybe I could glue a Honda badge on instead.

I suddenly find 2+2 seating very useful, which is why the 'Lude gets used more than my S2000. Sadly, I find the GT5000 more practical than the NSX that I still don't actually own...

If you google images, the 'mule' besed on a stretched S2000 still looks the nicest version of the GT5000 to me!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234