Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next NSX

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000 View Post
    I think this should be the next NSX

http://world.honda.com/news/2008/408...Car/index.html

Paul that is aweful !!! The previous concept that the US didnt like was the best as it kept the car mid engined.

2. Default Low Flyer reminisces....

Looking at what Honda is proposing, I wish that I had kept my 190 SL !! It didn't go very fast, but it did have "presence". J. C.

Classic SLs are beautiful, its my other half dream classic car. She likes the one that Kate Moss used to have!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Damn, that means everyone will be out buying one now. Like the NSX the DB9 is something most poeple assume is far more expensive than it is.

Mind you over here in Switzerland, a DB9 and V8 Vantage are twice the price they are in the UK.
    Yeah, it might now be possible to pick up a used V8 Vantage for £40k, or a DB9 for £50k... but the running costs will ruin you, especially if anything goes wrong.

The Autocar article gave one example - the DB9 has a 7,000 mile service interval, and it needs brake fluid changing every service, as well as both (£72 each) airfilters replacing. Add in a sprinkling of labour and at an AM dealer, you're probably looking at the best part of a grand.

I love the look of all modern Astons but there are plenty of them around: Would I feel special every time I got in and fired it up? Hmmm, possibly (lovely noise). Would I buy one and want to keep it for high days and holy days? No.

It's vain, but I like observing people's reaction to the car - I love seeing the double take in the rear view mirror when someone thinks "what was that?" or "oooh, an NSX, you don't see them much" as I drive past. Astons, like 911s, are just too common for that and as Clarkson says, you're more likely to see oncoming drivers "drying their hands" than giving you the thumbs up.

That said, if the big lottery win ever arrives, I'd probably be straight down to a nearby AM dealer to see what they've got. Last time I was at Reading Honda, they were temporarily encamped between a Lambo and AM dealership: while hanging about outside, suddenly the air was riven by a blood-curdling crack, followed by a gurgling bellow of tick-over, transforming into a crescendo of bad, angry, beautiful noise... someone was moving a DBS from the parking space just over the fence...
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

5. Default

Here's a piccy of the new Toyota... Honda are going to have to seriously rethink their design ideas if they want to compete with this beauty:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIA...-supercar.html

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

6. Default

Yup was at the ring..looks beasty
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    Here's a piccy of the new Toyota... Honda are going to have to seriously rethink their design ideas if they want to compete with this beauty:

Luke
    That should be easy as the Lexus is toast http://www.coolsupercars.com/lexus-l...-gs-f-delayed/ the lardy old thing is too slow to go on sale
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post

Luke
    just yesterday i ve asked toyota about the lf-a. they say its only a study and will not be sold.

but it looks very similar to the NSX in some photos

9. Default Exotic running costs...

I found myself reading a back number of "EVO"---April 2007,I think, in the ever-recurring hospital waiting room on Tuesday. They were comparing the running costs of "exotics" as used by an outfit called "P 1", presumbably in London, on their hire fleet. The figures for Aston Martins---and most others, would cause us all to have heart attacks.
    Surprisingly, they did not have a single NSX on their books. Not flashy enough ? !!! Perhaps. J.C.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    That should be easy as the Lexus is toast http://www.coolsupercars.com/lexus-l...-gs-f-delayed/ the lardy old thing is too slow to go on sale
    $200k super car... are they madder than Honda or what!? I dont car how fast it is or how they try to hype the brand up; noone in their right mind is going to pay £150k for a Toyota!

Nissan have the right idea and price (in Japan!)... just a shame it's so Fugly! It's got 4 seats and is a beast - it doesn;t have supercar looks but I'd be tempted by one as I could fit kid(s) in the back.

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast