Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuned cars vs fast ones

Default Tuned cars vs fast ones

No NSXs in this one, but found it really quite interesting. The comparison of a couple of 'tuned' cars vs a McLaren F1 road car.

Try and guess which will be quickest before watching the film. Kind of shows how talking about power is fairly meaningless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsNUvDeu-j8
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Would have guessed the F1 would win............... not quite by that much though.
    Wonder what would have happened on a rolling start ??
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Having seen this performance test in the past, I'm not surprised the Mac F1 is the quickest since 627 bhp, more importantly weight around 1100 kg, so greater PWR & being NA too! My favourite car of all time next to the TSO!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

I'd love to see a vid of the McLaren F1 vs Bugatti Veyron.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I would love to see it too! Astonishing that when the F1 hits 100 mph, the Bug would still reach 200 mph from standing start before the F1! Strangely the F1 has a better PWR than the Bug! The Bug's engine has no soul or real noise unlike the F1, which is one of the greatest of all. Quite similar the NSX noise compared to the new GTR, no contest!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne View Post
    I would love to see it too! Astonishing that when the F1 hits 100 mph, the Bug would still reach 200 mph from standing start before the F1! Strangely the F1 has a better PWR than the Bug! The Bug's engine has no soul or real noise unlike the F1, which is one of the greatest of all. Quite similar the NSX noise compared to the new GTR, no contest!
    I have also read that,but i'm not buying it.The F1 was sooo far ahead of every other hypercar of the time,that i don't believe the Veyron can do to the F1,what the F1 did to others.
    Unless i see it,i'm not buying it.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

The VEYRONs trump card are its turbos...

TORQUE to weight surpasses the F1 by a hell of a lot.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

My RS4 can trump the F1..........0-30mph apparently!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    My RS4 can trump the F1..........0-30mph apparently!

SS
    and a new clutch and transfer box!
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Veyron still has plenty of cc's too and 4wd.
    ------------------
    2004 3.2 Man, Formula Red. Now Sold and not missed as much as expected. Life goes on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast