Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tyre Recommendations?

As from earlier in this thread I was perticularly looking for better wet handling and the F1's are supposed to be very good in these conditions!

Thanks for the reassurance though!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Quote Originally Posted by X626BLB
    ...I hpoe I resolve mine too in the morning...I better for £500 :shock: !
    I don't have any handling issues, spending £300 on a set of Kumho's.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Thanks.... :wink:
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Quote Originally Posted by david_f
    Yep, as previously mentioned, the set-up of the NSX is particularly sensitive to tyre compounds. Because of this NSXers must keep same make/type of tyre across axles and front/rear.

Regards,

David.

PS. I assume your quoted rear tyre size was a typo? The correct OEM size should be either a 245/40x17 or 255/40x17.
    No typo, mine is an early 3.0 with but with non standard wheels. I know the OEM rears should be 25/50/16, but the 17" wheels which came with the car were fitted with Toyo 235/40/17's and performed very well. Strangely having put another 200 miles on them today they do apper to have settled down? Or am I just getting used to them :?:
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

5. Default

FWIW I'm running Pilot Sports (R) & Yoko's (F) - switching the old Pilots sports to Yoko's on the front actually introduced a slight degree of stabilizing understeer and probably makes the car even quicker accross country.
    I find the NSX very sensitive to tyre newness - when I first had Toyo's on the rear the rear of the car was like bambi on ice until a good 250miles of scrubbing in. Tyre pressures are fairly sensitive too.

6. Default

Copy that for tyre pressures. OEM states 33-psi front and 40-psi rear (for 16”/17” front/rear wheels). I've found that on track, that is a recipe for big lift-off oversteer. 30-psi front and 36psi rear works well for me on track with 31-psi front and 38psi for road use. I’m now running 235/40x17 fronts and 265/35x18 rears (Kumho V70s; medium compound) and find the above pressures still good.

Cheers, David.

Hi,

Just had my F1's fitted all round with pressures of 32 front and 36 rear ( as per Damian's set-up). Thanks Damian for your patience with all my recent questions, it is much appreciated!

Does anyone think that 36 at the back is too low - taking David's pressures from above into account?

Car feels much better (a little lighter at the front on the turn in though) and road noise is very low. Will run them in a little before I give it some real action - especially as it has it's service on Friday - it should be ready for a weekend work out!

Matt.

Default tyres

[quote="trackdemon"]FWIW I'm running Pilot Sports (R) & Yoko's (F) - switching the old Pilots sports to Yoko's on the front actually introduced a slight degree of stabilizing understeer and probably makes the car even quicker accross country.

Spot on. I have Khumo on the back and Toyo up front and with the current suspension have a mild degree of understeer. I hope to uprate the front grip at some point when I feel a little more confident with the 'R' suspension, especially as I'm not running a stiffer front ARB.
    Toyo T1R are pants overall. The tread pattern creates excessive lifting of the block edges and the actual total amount of rubber in contact with the road is less. These tyres are made to look aggressive but SO3's are much better.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456