Thread: Which do you think is the best NSX to buy

1. Default Which do you think is the best NSX to buy

I have never owned one but have been looking for quite a while So i am asking the expierence and wisdom of NSXCB members for their thoughts.
    I would think

3.2 manual
    3.0 manual
    3.0 manual targa
    3.0 auto
    3.0 auto targa

Not sure if they made any think other than the 3.2 manual

Thanks Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell View Post
    I have never owned one but have been looking for quite a while So i am asking the expierence and wisdom of NSXCB members for their thoughts.
    I would think

3.2 manual T
    3.2 manual
    3.0 manual
    3.0 manual targa
    3.0 auto
    3.0 auto targa

Thanks Colin
    FWIW I think it all depends on what you want to use it for. For all round 'road' enjoyment I'd go for the 3.2 Targa, for anything resembling fast road or track (which the NSX isn't ideal for) I'd go for the 3.2 coupe!

Good luck hunting
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Hi, I think for what its worth so long as you have two legs you will be delighted with any manual transmission option of those above.

This is not a biaised view, but I truly believe that for UK roads, the Targa suspension settings offer the most driveable set-up.

As TQO says, your choice is likely to be influenced by what/how you intend to use. Targa with manual transmission are rarely for sale and yet right now there is a choice of 2 x 3.0man, one red, one midnight purple, the latter being an owner here. To find a 3.2 is going to be a long wait.

Good luck, happy hunting and feel free to ask about any cars you find

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    This is not a biased viewl

Ahem! Sorry I developed a cough. :-)

I've had my coupe now for 4 years and 41000 miles and I still wouldnt consider changing it for a targa.

Cheers
    Martin
    Owner of a 1996 Manual NSX Coupe (UK) since 11 June 2004

The feature car in:
    Autocar Supercar supplement (May 2006)
    &
    Classic & Sports Car (November 2000)

The only thing that tempts me towards a Targa is looking on Prime, then again, we don't get the weather over here so a 3.2 Coupe fits the bill for me and has done for over 3 years
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell View Post
    I would think

3.2 manual
    3.0 manual
    3.0 manual targa
    3.0 auto
    3.0 auto targa

Thanks Colin
    Is Collin Powell your name? If so is quite cool as it is the same as the Ex Secretary of State in the US.

Having had 3.2 manual coupe, NA1 NSX-R and now a lightly modded 3.0 manual there is not that much between them, now a targa... Just kidding mate. I would rather get a nice condition 3.0 targa than an abused 3.2 coupe.

Buy on condition.

Cheers,

AR

8. Default

Yes Colin Powell is my proper name, it does cause some good conversations with people, espcially Americans Thanks for your thoughts on which car to look for.

Default My Two Peneth

FWIW I bought mine without really delving into this forum and i was lucky because Jaytip was an upright guy and knew his stuff.

Since then from spending time on here these guys have so much knowledge that their opinions are probaby more valid than mine.

IMO get the lowest mileage, best condition you can with a Manual gearbox. It seems as valid for the NSX as for anything else!

Happy hunting you wont be disappointed!
    ------------------
    2004 3.2 Man, Formula Red. Now Sold and not missed as much as expected. Life goes on.

Try as many as possible if you can and after deciding which one you prefer and as previously stated get the best one or combination you can afford! Good luck!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour