Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX-R Seats

Looking at the link I provided it's listed as.............

The racing shell for newcomers to motor sports with FIA homologation. The RECARO Pole Position - pure sportiness. The distinct shell shape and a choice of colours makes your car into an ultimate "racing vehicle".

Material is listed seperately.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the link. I called them and they said to order the seats as just a shell with cushions, would be a special order item, and would cost more than than ordering a normal set and just taking the fabric off which I thought was strange?? he also said the model to order is the "Pole Position ABE" which is for road cars and allows the use of the normal seat belts. Hes sending me an email with details and the dimensions of the seat.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Got the email,

Heres a copy of the dimensions. Anyone know the dimensions of the NSX-R seats?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Recaro Pole Position Dimensions.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	4381  
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Sudesh,

PP's will be the closest to OEM but are not available in the CF/kevlar however youcould always get them wrapped if you want the OEM look.

I believe you can buy the OEM covers for the both the R and S variants (S having the leather outer). I cant find the link but dro a pm to Frank on Prime for more info unless you have a decent trim shop nearby.

As for the OEM moulds, Detlef did approach Honda but they chose to receover them from Recaro and take them back to Japan. Whether they still exist and will be re-used is unclear.

Let me know how you get on with the covers please.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

5. Default

Let me know how you get on as well!

Cheers,

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

6. Default

So... if you went for the black in the pic would it just be £313 a seat + £30 for rails?

Sounds like a bargain!
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    So... if you went for the black in the pic would it just be £313 a seat + £30 for rails?

Sounds like a bargain!
    Luke the price for the Pole Position ABE, which is the type needed is £314+vat, then the rails.

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/prod...4&appid=62&rid=

Sudesh,

Can/have you enquired whether Recaro will sell replacement seat covers as per the OEM Type S and R. I beleive they will fit reasonably well to the PP's

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

9. Default

I think I'd like the red velour ones, any idea whether the rails would be plug and play into the existing fitting holes?

Are you going to get some?

Luke
    2004 54 red/red manual

Quote autocar Nov 2005

Paul I havent asked that question yet, whos the best to contact Recaro or the Guy on Prime you mentioned? I would say the OEM NSX-R/S seat covers will be alot more expensive that the Pole Position seats themelves!

Luke , the rails I was thinking about would have been the SOS rails as recaro dont list any rails for the NSX, I was also thinking of tinkering with the OEM rails and seeing if a mod could be done to keep them and the electrics.

If I change mine I'm going to go with the black seats, the red will be more difficult to keep I think.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast