Thread: Bose audio system

Default Bose audio system

The NSX audio system from Bose consists of the following system units:
    1 x head unit manufactured for Bose by Alpine.
    2 x amplifier / speaker enclosures, 1 in each door.
    1 x sub-woofer amplifier / speaker enclosure behind passenger footwell. This unit also drives the tweeter located in the rear of the centre console.
    1 x optional Alpine CD changer in boot.

Many people have experienced problems with this system and unfortunately Honda and their UK dealerships seem powerless to help. Recently my system developed a loud howling noise which rendered the it unusable. Chiswick Honda could only offer to replace the whole system at a cost of 3700 pounds plus fitting.

Fortunately I discovered Factory Car Audio from Florida in the US. They explained how to diagnose which units were faulty. Their website explains with pictures exactly how to remove the faulty components. I sent 2 enclosures to them by DHL and received them back within 7 days, repaired with a lifetime warranty for $180. Shipping costs including insurance were expensive but I consider the whole thing was very good value for money. If you have any problems with your NSX audio then please visit http://carstereohelp.com/acura.htm

Remember the NSX is called an "Acura" in the USA.

Neil Venus 23 Feb '04
    neilv@runbox.com

Nice info. Congrats on being the first to get some info into the FAQ, not written by me!
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

....my amp module gave up the ghost & I went straight to Bose direct (frank_mueller@bose.com) and got the part for about 80 Euros delivered....better than the £600 that Honda wanted for the whole speaker enclosure!
    It's not a service they advertise, but will supply.