Thread: Wraps off the new S2k?

Default Wraps off the new S2k?

Just seen these fresh photos from the Motor Show via Auto Express

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...ext_s2000.html

I'm liking the front end and clean interior. Not sure if the 2+2 would work for hood storage so maybe only a show version? As is often the case I think the rear of the design is still a work in progress for Honda

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Honda has lifted the lid on its replacement for the S2000! The small two-seater makes its world debut as a concept at the British Motor Show, and features the latest hybrid technology.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Front is ok, but not a huge fan of the big gawping mouth! Like the full side the best, but as the for the rear its all wrong!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

I think they may get litigated by Peugeot?!!
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Poland_NSX Guest

don't like reminds me new civic

I agree, get new civic, lop the roof off, add some funky new headlights, realise everyone forgot to design the rear.....

hardly the s2000 we are use to, you know, the japanese doing the classic british two seater sports car. It does give the precident tho, the 'new' NSX will bear no relation to our ones.....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Scale the whole thing up 50% and give it a 3.5 V6 from the RL and you have a nice GT!

The S2K is gone, same as the NSX.

Cheers,

AR

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    hardly the s2000 we are use to, you know, the japanese doing the classic british two seater sports car. It does give the precident tho, the 'new' NSX will bear no relation to our ones.....
    I'm not convinced either - the CR-Z (which the OSM is nearest to in DNA terms, I'd think) wasn't exactly going to set the world alight performance-wise - I think they'd have a hard time replacing the S2000 with anything less powerful, though in principal it could be a hybrid pushing out the same bhp (like the new CT-R isn't any more powerful than the previous one, even though it's heavier).

IMO, If Honda were planing to replace (rather than retire) the S2000, they'd be best going with a lightweight-bodied, mid-engined two seater arrangement... maybe with a slightly larger v6 VTEC unit than the 2L four pot in the current S. If Next Gen NSX is going Aston-chasing with a V10, maybe a new S2k (perhaps an S3000 or S3200?) could give the Coxster and the Titty a bloody nose
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

S2000 - men's car!
    successor - women's car?!

Best thing about it: it won't go into production.