Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'H' stickers for centre cap

1. Default 'H' stickers for centre cap

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I could buy the 'H' sticker that goes in the middle of the centre cap on the original Honda Alloys?

I have tried looking everywhere and nobody sells them.

Cheers

Andy

If you're struggling then I can get them made for you if they are the same as mine .... What color?

HTH, Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Japfest Wheel.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	4166  
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

3. Default Thank you

Thanks for the offer....i am going to try a friend that works for an etching company first....to see if it is possible to do it that way.....he can use stainless steel to cut the 'H' out and then i think we will spray them red i guess and stick them in. I need to create an accurate template for him to etch though so see what happens

How do you make them up though? What metal would be best to use and what sort of paint is best? What sort of costs would it be if you were to create them?

I am currently in the process on revamp the wheels.....I have the calipers painted red with the 'nsx' in white...the alloys have been refurbished to a matt black finish...so i am looking to make the 'H' red so that they compliment the calipers.

My car is still with the mechanics so once I get it back I will post a photo of the newly refurbished alloys on the car....cant wait to see how they look

Cheers for your help

Andy

stainless etch/cut i can understand if you want it shiny, but seems pointless if you are going to paint them... can't you just go to your nearest vinyl cut sticker shop, say you want a honda badge to fit in a circle x diameter, and pick your colour? or am i missing something?
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

5. Default

Wicked wheels tried vinyl and two different thicknesses of aluminium all cut and perfectly shaped in aluminium.

These were one off orders from their contact and every attempt failed! Reasons were too flimsy and with the thicker grade of alu it just didn;t sit right when it was dropped in.

They ended up painting the Hs by hand.

Good luck!

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

6. Default here is the alloy

Here is a photo please bear in mind that this was before the refurb as they look a little knackered.....

Lankstarr: 'Wicked wheels tried vinyl and two different thicknesses of aluminium all cut and perfectly shaped in aluminium.'-
    yeah i was speaking to a friend that has a laser cutting machine but he cant do metal but plastics....so thought best to go with metal.

I will see how the metal etching goes.....but i guess i should go quite thin i guess but not too thin that they become flimsy.....i guess i will try to experiment and then post a photo if i am successful

Any ideas what adhesive would be suitable for trying to stick it to the alloy? i keep thinking if i am driving they may fly off at motorway speed and become some sort of mini shrieken!!

Cheers

Andy

Name:	alloy h.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	4169  

7. Default

Andy,

Have you tried Honda themselves?

I 'made' some custom Honda caps for my Work wheels - this involved buying new metal adhesive H logos (you don't have to worry about them coming off - the adhesive is VERY strong) ...

Check out ... http://daliracing.com/v666-5/info/ho...y-center-caps/ ... MJ liked them so much he stuck it in his DIY section ;-)

The part no for the H logo was 44734-SR3-900 ... if you give the first 5 digits to a Honda dealer they may come up with some different sized ones (i.e. Xmm in height) .. might be worth a shot.

Regards
    Paul

... I've just measured the spare one I have in the shed ... top to bottom is 38 mm ... top corner of the H to top corner is 34 mm ... bottom corner to bottom corner is 29 mm ...

attached a pic

They also do one 34 mm top to bottom ... 44734-SR3-H00
    and one 36 mm top to bottom ... 44734-SR3-000

- assume other dimensions are proportional

Name:	Dsc00038.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	4173  
    Last edited by CrazyMixedUpKid; 21-07-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    Paul
    1997 3.2 NSX-T : Ext. Magnum Grey : Int. Red / Black

8. Default Thanks for the advice people

Cheers I will try and have a look at the number with Honda. I have already cut out templates for the etching thing...so I will see how my mates turns out the etched cuttings.....lets see what happens and will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Andy

Just as an extra to this thread I have a vinyl cutting machine and am happy to knock out a few H's as I also have the correct logo as an .ai file and .eps if anyone wants..

Further to this does anyone have any thoughts about nsxcb.co.uk stickers for our cars I could do - Leigh and I chatted about it a few weeks ago and I wondered if there was any interest?
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

10. Default Hi

Just as an extra to this thread I have a vinyl cutting machine and am happy to knock out a few H's as I also have the correct logo as an .ai file and .eps if anyone wants..
    I would really appreciate it if you could send me the .eps file. I spent cutting out about 14 different shapes lol and still not as accurate as i would like.

Maybe i could make it more accurate and see what happens with my mates etching technique.

Further to this does anyone have any thoughts about nsxcb.co.uk stickers for our cars I could do - Leigh and I chatted about it a few weeks ago and I wondered if there was any interest?
    Even though i have not been in this forum or club for very long I have had alot of helpful advice and would feel proud to have an NSXCB sticker on my car it would definitely beat having the 'car dealers name' on the back windscreen

Thanks again 'TheQuietOne'.

Cheers

Andy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast