Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1996 Yellow NSX

Yes, the car looks much better in your hands than the previous owner's.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Hi Donna,

Your NSX is looking very nice and I like the originality of the rear spoiler, a nice detail that works well. Talking of detail, and its purely personal preference, but I would consider returning the lower bumper center section to black. For me the current look is just too much Yellow.

Ref your wheels, when I refurbed my 02's I wanted the NSX-R grey finish. After talking to several dealers, I was given the Honda color NH537, referred too as Pewter Grey in the UK. IMO, this would work well on your car without being too dark or too far from OEM.

HTH, regards Paul
    Hi Paul thanks for the code the colour looks perfect

With regards the rear section, the car is hopefully going in to the best bodyshop in Central Scotland to have the front stone chips fixed so i was already getting the back bit put back to black and im having the front bottom below the number plate area done black too to try to tie it in.

Very rough idea of what i mean at front and get bottom lip done at the same time

Last edited by donnac; 06-07-2008 at 01:47 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    DTM looked after the car well , was really nice to buy a car off a nice genuine enthusiast rather than a random person who couldnt care less

Loving the car, its the first car in years that i want to keep hold of even after nearly 6 months owning

Default Looks Great

Very nice. I like the contrast between the black and yellow. Great colour too..

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Thats true i drove it

Donna it was a pleasure.. u two guys were fantastic! Could have talked cars all day and jibber jabber. Im so happy the car went to people who care too
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

nigel Guest

Default Type-R wing

I have paid for but haven't recieved my Type-R wing, (no brake light) yet and was considering painting it completely GPW to match the rest of the car and hadn't even considered painting it your way until now.
    It will be done! That's the dogs bollicks!! I'm having my Type-R hood painted GPW and I think the standard Type-R wing is just to much black for a white car. Your colour scheme is brilliant!
    Thanks for the idea and I hope you don't mind me nicking it.
    I painted my rear valance GPW to match the rest of the car as well when I was doing my Type-R wheel copies and personally I think it looks the business painted to match the car colour. I also did my front spoiler lip GPW.
    Hopefully soon i'll be able to get someone with a camera to teach me how to post some pics. I'm sure not nearly as nice as your surroundings but pics none the less.

P.S. I still haven't been able to locate a headlight washer system but I will have the nozzles GPW as well when I get my grubby mits on one.

Cheers
    nigel
    Last edited by nigel; 10-07-2008 at 11:01 PM.

HI Donna, very nice pics and I think you have started a trend with the rear spoiler paint ( even I never thought of doing that!!)

Are you still doing the HTUK meets?

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

Default Previous Owner of N5X VG

Hi Donna,

Good to see the old girl is still being looked after, was nice to sell it to Dan who appreciated the car and now great to see another owner taking care of it.
    Hope the number plates didn't get you in trouble, I see you have changed them to a 'legal' format. I got quizzed by the DVLA when buying it as to the reason for purchase and that they can take it off me if I mis-represent it ! Boo! (never caused me any trouble tho....phew)

Did Dan give/fwd you any pics of it at Castle Coombe, as it featured on the second row of the big group pic which had amazing coverage UK wide even as far down as local papers in Devon where I am!! Will happilly fwd if you like.

Anyway hope you have many years of fun with it....

Best Regards

Mark

9. Default

Hi Mark, sorry not been on much and looked at this thread, more pictures would be excellent!

We got pulled over once in the first few weeks of having the car and given a warning to get legal plates on.

When the car was in getting the stone chips etc painted i stuck new miss spaced plates back on , its worth taking the chance

Here are some pictures from a little drive up the Dukes Pass area of Callender, Scotland today, its not been out much over winter so its nice getting out in it again.

The car is going like a dream

10. Default

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast