Thread: 03 Clutch question

1. Default 03 Clutch question

Twin Disc <or> Dual Mass

Anyone know?
    Last edited by Boomin33; 25-06-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

Rob, your car has a single disc clutch plate and a dual mass flywheel. All 3.2 6spd's are the same.

Cheers

Mark

Apart from the NA2 type R.

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Rob, your car has a single disc clutch plate and a dual mass flywheel. All 3.2 6spd's are the same.

Cheers

Mark
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

4. Default

Well that is me screwed. I spoke with Jeff at SOS and they really don't have access to Dual Mass Flywheels; or at least at any good price.

That also rules out the NA2 Type R flywheel that Bazza was offering at a good price.

I have a friend from Binfield in L.A. for 10 days so think I will have Jeff S.O.S. source one at the best price possible and send to my friend to bring back for me...

any other suggestions?

Oh yes, Thanks a million for the advice and help!

Rob - I dont know how much you have been quoted for a NA2 dual mass flywheel, but I was quoted $1800 by Acura of Lynwood .....any good?

Lynwood seem a pretty reputable outfit - they advertise OEM parts on Ebay (not that that makes them reputable!!!!), were friendly & helpful with my enquiry, & people here have used them with success.

I can send through there details if you like?
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 26-06-2008 at 11:56 AM.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    Rob - I dont know how much you have been quoted for a NA2 dual mass flywheel, but I was quoted $1800 by Acura of Lynwood .....any good?

Lynwood seem a pretty reputable outfit - they advertise OEM parts on Ebay (not that that makes them reputable!!!!), were friendly & helpful with my enquiry, & people here have used them with success.

Thanks.
    That's about the price I'm expecting, maybe even a little less. Hopefully can put in on my US Credit Card... so I can be a good American and start carrying some debt!

I'll call them tonight

7. Default

called lynwood direct and 2600 is best price from dealership. Say the 1800 is from the ebay store... which I can find that they are selling right now

give it a few days and then prob just for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post