Thread: Cost's never popular but...........

Default Cost's never popular but...........

Last week required service,MOT, and Tax and insurance renewal.With some trepidation I put together my own list of what I required (car has done 28,000 miles)and contacted my local Honda dealer in Poole,who promptly declined saying they no longer work on NSX.So phoned Alan Day in Southampton who not only agreeg their most senior technician would do all the work but allso quoted me a price over the phone which they stuck to.So,for £760(inclusive VAT and parts/fluids) I had the following work done;

oil change (Mobil 1) and filter
    transmission fluid changed (Honda MTF-white cap)
    air filter
    fuel filter
    new sparkplugs
    full valve clearance/adjustment
    ABS system flush/fluid replacement
    clutch fluid replaced
    12,000 mile service
    MOT

I reckon that was a good price for all the above.

Following advice on this forum last year I insured through AEON who recomended a Sun Alliance Agreed Value classic policy that cost me £550 for fully comp (inc business use),wife and I,agreed value and excess of only £250.This years renewal has seen no change to the premium.

Finally Tax.........pre 2001 car so still only £180 for the year.

NSX..........got to be the the best value "supercar" to own and maintain !!!

Out of interest, how much did they relieve you of for the spark plugs.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

I'm guessing £108.00!!

They are criminals.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by indi pearl View Post
    Following advice on this forum last year I insured through AEON who recomended a Sun Alliance Agreed Value classic policy that cost me £550 for fully comp (inc business use),wife and I,agreed value and excess of only £250.This years renewal has seen no change to the premium.
    All the prices look very good. For the above element, does this have a mileage restriction or other restrictions please?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by indi pearl View Post
    Finally Tax.........pre 2001 car so still only £180 for the year.

I hear that the proposed 'post 2001' tax bracket is going to be reviewed in the autumn due to a fair amount of opposition.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Spark plugs (6) at £110 so yes,well over the odd's,but overall the total cost for all I required left me pleasently surprised.
    Aeon (S.All.) has a millage restriction of 5000,but this is my decision and you can set any limit you wish to set.