Thread: Rare bits, or not?!

Default Rare bits, or not?!

Hi guys,

I was mindlessly trawling through Prime this morning when I came accross this site; for the man who must have ALL the type R bits but can't afford £5K a seat!!

http://www.fdnewbieimports.com/Backup/products.php#perf

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

James,

I've spoken with Ramy a few times ref diff parts. Point of interest for all is that he appeared to offer really good service early on but of late there has been a number of posts relating to poor or slow service. Some of this may be down to chosen (ie cheap) delivery methods and possible to some extent that Ramy has not been in great health recently.

Some of his prices do appear to be competitive and he seems to be adding a more acceptable 'mark up' to Japan auction prices. That said, Type S or R seats for the NSX rather than the RX7, are still demanding $6k+ including the rails

In my recent experience, if you are looking for any of the rarer parts, accept that you will need to often have extreme patience, with may parts taking months to arrive. Also, and IMO most importantly, try to ascertain that the parts are physically in stock and then request secure shipping with tracking numbers.

I haven't checked recently James but IIRC he was able to source Type S suspension (exc ARB's) for @ $1400 a few months ago. He can also arrange d2d shipping via EMS that should avoid the tax man taking a greedy lump of £££ from you.

regards, Paul
    Last edited by Senninha; 27-05-2008 at 10:00 AM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara