Thread: brake fluid change

Arrow brake fluid change

ok well iv booked my self in for next tues to get a full brake fluid change to dot 5.1
    as i used about 50-75ml as i just topped it up
    and yes cant remember who said to me but elt my discs and they have worn a bit been told pads might be too hard iv got project mu discs and pads
    mmmmmmmm

thx amo

Amo,

I cant remember which is which, but dont get the synthetic fluid as this will knacker your seals in the system.

I'm runnung Mu's with OEM R discs. I found it interesting how on hard b roads I can generate enough heat to induce fade (hence earlier posts about further upgrades) yet on Saturday I had no such issue. Also noticed that I was closing under braking when you and I were together on track near the end of the session. Wonder if this was due to yours needing new fluid??

Regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Yeah AMO leave 5.1 alone.. Good Motul 400F is fine or AP 4 dot etc..
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

DOT 5 is the dodgy fluid,

the intricacies are explained here (it's a bike site, but the basics are the same!!!!)
    http://www.gtgtandems.com/tech/chap10.html
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Hi amo, dunno if you are referring to me but I did mention on Saturday that you had almost worn the groves away on your fronts. lol
    Formula Red and Black 3.0 manual

DOT 5.1 doesn't absorb water, that's the positive view of DOT 5.1. The negative view of it is that even a small amount of water/humidity is concentrated in the brake lines and will detoritate it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mart155 View Post
    Hi amo, dunno if you are referring to me but I did mention on Saturday that you had almost worn the groves away on your fronts. lol
    ya mate was you thx

ok so every1 is sayin leave dot 5 alone

ok
    stick with 4 then

thx amo