Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midnight Purple

1. Default Midnight Purple

Well Thought It was Long overdue for some pic's - The car was supposed to be polished when I picked it up, but that wasnt the case.

So after having a major service and headers fitted at P___S motorsport (Customer service is not good overall work ok) THE TANGOMAN is now giving by P&J a beautiful polish. Rumor has it a certain S2 sneaked in for a quick show n shine as well.

Lee's going to add some photos for me - cant wait.

2. Default

Hi Mark, got your PM here's some pictures so far.

So, first step get the car foamed up ready for the bulk of dirt to drop off.

then a proper wash down with the sheepskin wash mitt and two buckets of water, one soapy and one fresh.

At this point it looked pretty clean but I knew there would be other contaminants on the paint including old wax that needed to be stripped off before I could go anywhere near it with the rotary. SO, time for the claybar;

Then it needed another wash and then rinsing off with some filtered water before drying with a Micro Fibre drying towel.

3. Default

Now the car was completely stripped of and wax or other contaminants I could inspect the paintwork and decide what needed to be done to get the best out of it.

The swirls are pretty bad on the car due to poor washing technique over the years, not a great problem in itself just needs careful polishing and time. The stonechips though were a more of a problem showing up as white marks on the bonnet. These would have to be filled in and leveled off at a later time.

So next bit was time for some measurements of the thickness of the paint so I know what we are working with.

These measurements were good showing the paintwork to be in pretty good order, so next was to work some different compounds to find which would work best on Marks car. A 50/50 shot to see how effective the cutting compound are on the paint.

4. Default

then outside;

The after around eight hours of experimenting, working around the edges, an yup there are a good few on the NSX I finally get the finish I want with the machine.

So after a days worth of work one shiny bonnet. Now I know how the paintwork is behaving on Marks car, its time to work on the remainder tomorrow. Then some HD cleanse and then some Zymol Vintage.

Apologies if there are any pictures missing but flickr is being a little temperamental at the mo. Should have some more pictures tomorrow but at the mo its time for a cool beer and some kip ready for an early start tomorrow.
    Last edited by TangoMan; 12-05-2008 at 08:56 PM.

Mark,

I'll bet that last bonnet photo from within the garage has put a smile on your face buddy!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Mark,

I'll bet that last bonnet photo from within the garage has put a smile on your face buddy!

regards, Paul
    It really has Paul !!! Its a beautiful colour Now that Tango has polished her she'll glisten in the sun and you will really be able to see the depth and colour of the finish. It's just a shame it's a 3.0l (exta ponies are hard to come by - I hope Dr Detlef has an answer) Apart from shoving a NSX-R engine in theres not much I can do - Filter & Exhaust. Can't do ECU as OBD 11 ECU.

Whats your current bhp reading and what would you be trying to achieve?

£2 - 2.5k would get you IHE and maybe 10-15hp??

The real question is how much can you really use? Shame you couldn't make Sunday's drive as you could of pitched your NSX against the high HP's of a Gallardo, 360 and a couple of M3's

IMO, if its driveable performance you're chasing, sort your brakes and make some chassis mods like ARB and NSX-R bars, then start loosing some weight from the car. AS posted elsewhere, I've taken around 10st of mine and done the above mods and it feels a lot more responsive, lighter and accelerates harder. This was also noticeable on Saturdays drive when I was accelerating in 3rd comparded to Noels 2nd gear and stated with him.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of Tango's hard work at the weekend

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Whats your current bhp reading and what would you be trying to achieve?

£2 - 2.5k would get you IHE and maybe 10-15hp??

The real question is how much can you really use? Shame you couldn't make Sunday's drive as you could of pitched your NSX against the high HP's of a Gallardo, 360 and a couple of M3's

IMO, if its driveable performance you're chasing, sort your brakes and make some chassis mods like ARB and NSX-R bars, then start loosing some weight from the car. AS posted elsewhere, I've taken around 10st of mine and done the above mods and it feels a lot more responsive, lighter and accelerates harder. This was also noticeable on Saturdays drive when I was accelerating in 3rd comparded to Noels 2nd gear and stated with him.

Its the hard "shove you back in the seat" acceleration I'm missing, you have a 3.2 and admittadly a rather powerful one.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of Tango's hard work at the weekend

So Am I

regards, Paul
    I guess whats kind of set the bench mark is the 430 Spider I drove two weeks ago. That was powerful and had great handling. loved the flappy paddle gearbox.

P.S sorry about Sunday.

9. Default

Mark, you have a very rare car there and it will get noticed. Louis has been sniffing around your car a lot. He sees many Ferrari's, Mercs and Porsche's from his regular customers and they do little for him. The NSX though, he is very tempted by, I think he is seriously thinking of getting one. Keep it for a year or so and consider how much depreciation you would have got on an alternative compared to the NSX

Anyway, off now to start cracking on the remainder of the car and check to see how well those seals are doing after giving them the Shinitsu treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoMan View Post
    Louis has been sniffing around your car a lot. He sees many Ferrari's, Mercs and Porsche's from his regular customers and they do little for him. The NSX though, he is very tempted by, I think he is seriously thinking of getting one.
    Lee, why not bring him to the Japfest on Saturday, there will be few nice ones for sale!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast