Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big savings on Clutches!

1. Default Big savings on Clutches!

Well maybe :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01...spagenameZWDVW

You luck 3.0 people can get cheap clutches from the US but from what I've seen so far the 3.2 ones require a kidney in p/x. Would you be nuts to go for something like this, it says OEM but I think that's bollox, Dali ones are double thsi price and you don't normally get much cheaper than Dali.

I'm not too clued up on parts - would I be a mug to get one of these?

I don't need a clutch yet, but when I do I don;t want the car off the road whilst I wait for the bit to arrive (like I did for the a/c compressor!)

Thoughts?

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    You luck 3.0 people can get cheap clutches from the US but from what I've seen so far the 3.2 ones require a kidney in p/x.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...3756.m20.l1116

$633 for 97-05 NSX OEM clutch kit...
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

3. Default Clutch kit for 3.2

Ok guys I'm confused!

Dali have these up for $2225:
    http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog...cfm?focus=1109

For most other OEM parts they are by far the cheapest so what's going on with this part at $633 from a reputable seller (Acura dealer as well).

Am I missing something?

If not and you want one of these let me know and I will arrange to get a few shipped over. A few people on here can have credit from me but if I donn;t knnow you and you want one then you'll have to stump up cash up front... and I won't let it hold up the order!

I've only looked into 3.2 clutches... if there are 3.0 ones cheap from the same seller and you want me to enquire then please let me know the item number etc.

No rush for these but I'll have to set a deadline... how about end of next week to make you minds up?

That is of course assuming these are the things that Honda charge about £1700 for and only last about 30,000 miles? We'll all need one sooner or later!

Luke
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Don't be surprised if you there's a 'O.E.M. brand' sticker on the box if you buy the ebay junk. Same for the compressor for about $150-250.

The second link (acura...) seems to be an opportunity.

Both kits on ebay are for the cover/pressure plate, friction plate and release bearing. The one Dali list also includes the flywheel.

For some reason the Acura (USA) recommend replacing the flywheel along with the clutch components. Honda (UK) do not.

Personally I can't see why you'd replace the flywheel just for the sake of it as it wouldn't usually wear at anything like the same rate as the clutch components. Of course it could be badly scored if the worn friction plate rivets have gouged into it OR the dual mass part (rubber coupling) of the flywheel broken but if not just re-use it.

When I did my clutch last year I bought genuine Honda parts from a Honda dealer for about £550. I didn't bother with a new flywheel and it has (of course) been fine.

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Both kits on ebay are for the cover/pressure plate, friction plate and release bearing. The one Dali list also includes the flywheel.

For some reason the Acura (USA) recommend replacing the flywheel along with the clutch components. Honda (UK) do not.

Personally I can't see why you'd replace the flywheel just for the sake of it as it wouldn't usually wear at anything like the same rate as the clutch components. Of course it could be badly scored if the worn friction plate rivets have gouged into it OR the dual mass part (rubber coupling) of the flywheel broken but if not just re-use it.

When I did my clutch last year I bought genuine Honda parts from a Honda dealer for about £550. I didn't bother with a new flywheel and it has (of course) been fine.

Cheers

Mark
    Mark,

I think the flywheel thing is for NA1 clutches.

Cheers,

Ary

Lukestarr,

I'll be interested in a new clutch for my '91.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Don't be surprised if you there's a 'O.E.M. brand' sticker on the box if you buy the ebay junk. Same for the compressor for about $150-250.

The second link (acura...) seems to be an opportunity.
    Ditto, just buy it from a reputable dealer!

So what are the pro's and con's of a lightweight flywheel.
    There are some here for £650 incl flywheel and it doesn't have to come from the USA.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXEDY-HYPER-SI...2em118Q2el1247
    Formula Red and Black 3.0 manual

I have been interested in having a clutch sat on the shelf for some time - if we can decide on a sensible way forward, I am very interested! (Acura dealer looks good to me...I just need to be sure / understand the flywheel issue).
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast