Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About to join the club.

1. Default

Well, it was along day or month......

Bought the car a few weeks ago but could not take delivery till today.... but it was worth the wait!

I collected the car this afternoon and I was very tense. It was not like when I have picked up my TVR's, Jags, P1's, etc!! This was my time to collect my IDOL car...

I drove the car from GP ( The Q One got it right!!) and was so carefull. It was like taking my test again.

I have just got back from a post-stag drink-up and have sat in the car still in shock of what I have got.

The car is like new, I have had it checked out by Honda (dealer personally known for 25yrs) and its all 100%.

Cant wait till tomorrow!!!

Pics to follow.

Default Nsx

Congratulations.....I know how you feel, I collect mine about 6 weeks ago and like you I had the childlike sense of excitement and anticipation about how it would feel......would it be as good as I want it to be, will it be hard to drive, will I stall it first time, will I hate it or rejrect parting with so much cash.......

Then you see it, sit in it..............and before you even drive the first few hundred yards.....it all just works out nicely!

Its a big sense of relief for me that at 43 I still have this boyish feeling about cars old and new to some extent....but also the sense of excitement and admiration I feel when I see any string of cars, obviously out for the day in their pride and joy, you see the effort they put in to keep them and enjoy them......

Im glad your NSX does it for you too!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by markdas View Post
    Congratulations.....I know how you feel, I collect mine about 6 weeks ago and like you I had the childlike sense of excitement and anticipation about how it would feel......would it be as good as I want it to be, will it be hard to drive, will I stall it first time, will I hate it or rejrect parting with so much cash.......

Then you see it, sit in it..............and before you even drive the first few hundred yards.....it all just works out nicely!

Its a big sense of relief for me that at 43 I still have this boyish feeling about cars old and new to some extent....but also the sense of excitement and admiration I feel when I see any string of cars, obviously out for the day in their pride and joy, you see the effort they put in to keep them and enjoy them......

Im glad your NSX does it for you too!
    Cheers markdas!

Had a fun time yesterday in the dry weather!

After seeing at least 6 fezzas (328,360's & 430's) in the morning alone that they looked so common, I felt so proud of my NSX and feeling pleased that I was doing my own thing.

I'll get pics when I can stop driving it, hopefully after today when the weather changes!

I have already put more miles on it, yesterday, than the 1st owner did in the last year!

I am now planning my european trip in September, anybody have some ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I have already put more miles on it, yesterday, than the 1st owner did in the last year!

I am now planning my european trip in September, anybody have some ideas??
    Keep on driving!!

As for a trip later in the year, this would work for me http://nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

5. Default

I have just got back from a quick drive. I was hopeing to get some pics before it got dark but unfortunately did not get them.

So for the mo, here is one of the dash with the low mileage and the other of the rear!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00548.JPG - 2008-04-30 at 19-55-13 (1).jpg   DSC00549.JPG - 2008-04-30 at 19-56-09 (1).jpg  
    05-NA2-LBB-Manual

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Keep on driving!!

As for a trip later in the year, this would work for me http://nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26

regards, Paul
    Thanks Paul.

Most probably going to do the Top Gear thing with the Stelvio Pass and Davos Area. Nearly did it in my old Tuscan 2S but work got in the way. Go down through Germany etc then back another way which I have not decided yet.
    05-NA2-LBB-Manual

As Borat would say...Nice!

Only 867 miles!!!!!

It's not even run in yet!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Thanks Paul.

Most probably going to do the Top Gear thing with the Stelvio Pass and Davos Area.
    Depending on when you go, would love to tag along for the drive

Only 867 miles!!!!! It's not even run in yet!
    And it wont be for at least another 30k Its a tough job but I guess Duece is going to enjoy it!!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Depending on when you go, would love to tag along for the drive

And it wont be for at least another 30k Its a tough job but I guess Duece is going to enjoy it!!

regards, Paul
    Looking at going in September. My Dad....getting on abit, lives in the states driving around in his toy...XJS 4.0 conv celebration model. I have promised to take him on a driving holiday, in Europe, to rekindle those days when he did it 30+ years ago.

He is responsible for my Honda 'interest', since '78 we have as a family owned 23 (me 11 of them inc NSX).He drove a 91 NSX when they came out and I remember him coming back telling me of the delight that the car was to him (This was as I was collecting my 1st '89CRX 16v - 2nd hand).

So, to europe with an ex-pat, in an NSX which he has not been in for 17yrs .....oh and I forgot, there will be plenty of late nights!!!!
    05-NA2-LBB-Manual

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast