Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.2 - pop up or not?

Unregistered Guest

Default 3.2 - pop up or not?

I've been thinking of an NSX for quite a while and have driven one in the dark distant days long ago. Anyway, I would buy a manual 3.2 (not sure of roof choice) and have always liked the pop up headlamps. However, should I pay a bit more and get a fixed headlamp version? The latter car is obviously newer but I've never been convinced of the looks without the pop ups. Any thoughts? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've been thinking of an NSX for quite a while and have driven one in the dark distant days long ago. Anyway, I would buy a manual 3.2 (not sure of roof choice) and have always liked the pop up headlamps. However, should I pay a bit more and get a fixed headlamp version? The latter car is obviously newer but I've never been convinced of the looks without the pop ups. Any thoughts? Thanks
    Your preference, mate IMHO, the fixed headlights make the car look a lot less dated (even a little bit Ferrari-esque from the front, in some peoples' eyes) and the overall exterior look is a little more resolved - the wheels particularly.

If you got a good manual pop-up 3.2 (like the Circuit Blue one that one "NSX 2000" has for sale at the moment, you'll have a great looking car which (for some) wasn't ruined by the facelift.

If you go for a later one (such as jaytip's), you'll get a slightly more modern looking car (same mechanicals, more or less, largely same interior) with fewer years behind it.
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

Unregistered Guest

Cheers mate. it was NSX2000's car that I saw on PHs. What is jaytip selling?

Cheers mate. it was NSX2000's car that I saw on PHs. What is jaytip selling?
    2004 Red coupe:
    http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/442312.htm
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

Unregistered Guest

That was the other one I was looking at! So £8k for four years and basically the same car bar the lights - are they xenons on the 04?

I am tempted by the older car as I was looking for a 'classic' car to keep forever and cheap VED is useful. Are there big costs with airbag replacement and cambelts on the older cars?

Non xenons im afraifd even on fixed light cars.

But xenon kits always available :0
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

That was the other one I was looking at! So £8k for four years and basically the same car bar the lights - are they xenons on the 04?

I am tempted by the older car as I was looking for a 'classic' car to keep forever and cheap VED is useful. Are there big costs with airbag replacement and cambelts on the older cars?
    Hmm,not sure what context this is to be taken in My car at 38K is the cheapest 04 for sale in the country.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Unregistered Guest

Certainly no need to take it negatively. I was just highlighting that four years equals £8k so £2k pa depreciation. The previous poster had lead me to believe that there was little change in the cars apart from the lights in 02/03/04 (?) when the pop ups went. I wasn't trying to offend.

Do you mind telling me how much your car would have been new as I'm out of touch with what the new prices were?

You might find this interesting:

Changes for 2002
    • New Colors: Long Beach Blue Pearl, Imola Orange Pearl
    • Discontinued Colors: Monaco Blue Pearl
    • Added Interior Colors - Available with matching exterior color only: Yellow, Silver, Blue, Orange, White. Red is available with both red and black exterior.
    • New interior trim color: Aluminum Color (Center console, door inserts, and Gauge Cluster Bezel).
    • Wheel sizes changed to 17 x 7" front and 17 x 9" rear.
    • Tire sizes changed to 215/40ZR/17 front and 255/40ZR/17 Rear
    • Rear track increased 1/2" from 60.2" to 60.7"
    • Yokohama A022 no longer OEM tire - Bridgestone Potenza RE050 H0 replaced RE010 as new OEM tire
    • Appearance updated - Fixed HID headlights, new front, new lip on trunk, new ground effects beneath doors, black mesh vents (changed from ribbed)
    • Coupe option discontinued in the U.S. (available elsewhere)
    Press release from Honda before 2002 model introduction:
    • The NSX has earned its status as one of the world's premier exotic sports cars with a combination of head turning performance and contemporary styling. For 2002, the NSX's styling has been updated to modernize its look and its chassis was refined to ensure its competitiveness as a true world class sports car. The NSX features all-aluminum construction and is powered by an advanced 290 horsepower DOHC, VTEC, V-6 engine coupled to a 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission. When equipped with the optional 4-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift(TM), the NSX engine generates 252 horsepower.
    2002 NSX Color Card for US
    2002colors.jpg (46560 bytes)
    Changes for 2003

• Rear sway bar size increased from: 17.5 mm to 19.1 mm. Wall thickness remains at 2.3 mm
    Changes for 2004

• US Colors: Long Beach Blue Pearl, New Imola Orange Pearl, Grand Prix White, New Formula Red, Rio Yellow Pearl, Silverstone Metallic, and Berlina Black. Each of these colors can be matched to a corresponding interior color for a personalized look or ordered with a conventional tan or black leather interior.
    • Now standard equipment instead of options: Keyless entry, CD changer in trunk
    • Redesigned shift knob
    • Removal of passenger side power door lock.
    • Gauge Cluster bezel color change: from "Aluminum" to dark gray.
    • MSRP $89,000 + destination and handling $745.00
    • Interior gauge faces changed from black to dark blue

10. Default

I never knew they doscontinued the coupe in the US!

Mr Unreg.

You can have my 98 3.2 for 26.5k ... I prefer the pop up model but would spend an extra 11k to go and get Jaytips.

It's in the for sale section

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast