Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The CLUTCH thread!

1. Default The CLUTCH thread!

Rather than waiting for it to lunch itself entirely (reaches out to touch wood) I thought it'd be a good idea to try and garner some knowledge from you guys (and gals).

My clutch is moving slowly towards the end of its life so its time for me to start the search for a good garage to fit it, and recommendations on which kit to use. There seems to be a lot of suggestion that performance clutches from the States or Japan can be had for less than OEM parts, failing which OEM clutch kits can be imported for well under HUK prices.

Secondly it sounds like some people have been getting good deals for fitted clutches with some dealers - any advice on who to go to? Will they be happy to fit if I supply the part (non OEM or otherwise)?

thanks in advance!
    Steve

Norton Way Honda fitted my SPEC clutch. There was a problem with the clutch after fitting, purely due the clutch, not the fitting of it.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

3. Default

Not much experience with getting clutches replaced chaps?

4. Default

Steve,

I replaced my clutch last October, but was done OEM.

Two Mills did me the clutch, service, MOT, valve clearances total bill £1,488

The car drives wonderfully and the ticketty noise and vibration is no more.

is that in cluding the cost of the clutch as well? if so,that is a really good price.

6. Default

Yes it was. They do give Revs discount though and I was clutching my card.
    I got a price from Jakan as well.
    Two Mills are very good on the customer service too - not exactly local to me, but worth travelling to go somewhere where you get good service and you trust they will do a good job.

7. Default

Bristol Honda did mine and I thank the Lord I didnt pay for it, thought the job was done good..

Glen.
    1997 NSX - Manual Pearlescent Yellow
    Ayrton Senna perfected.

Default Clutch Thread

Hi Trackdemon.

Did you get your clutch done in the end ? What did you go for OEM or other more competitive option ?

Mine (First replacement at 48k) has pretty much hit the end of it's life after a paltry 18k miles. Have rung a few Honda dealers and quotes of between £1,400 and £1,600 all in.
    Painful...... :roll:

Default New Clutch

The thread seems to have died.... but in case of interest:

Newly fitted complete Clutch, £1,460 all in at Lindhill Colchester.

Collection and Delivery from Lindhill. General customer service very good (apart from delay due to technicians breaking the rear n/s Stabiliser End Bar during clutch dismantling, which could have been a problem. New part from Japan takes a month :shock: . They sourced a 2nd hand part within two days, to assist). £100 Servicing Credit Note for the inconvenience.

Hope this is of assistance to anyone.

PS. Anyone up for a country lane drive/pub lunch soon?
    Need to try out some hard upchanges and standing starts without the irritation of clutch release bearing 'chirping'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast