Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeenshire potential buyer

Default Issues

Okay, I don't suppose I want to start messing around too much with what I have always thought is a pretty perfect set up. Am I correct in thinking that the OEM exhaust is stainless and has twin, single exit tail pipes, oval? I have seen a couple with quad exits also, do you find there is a variety of alternatives and one offs fitted to them? Is the standard exhaust fit for the job in terms of flow and noise, or do you suggest increasing the noise a little?

The stereo amps, how big an issue are they, can the who lot be changed out, as it looks as though the units are individually fitted only for this dash? Do Clarion for example offer a refurbishment service?

Yet more questions

Mark

Clarion? I think you mean Bose....

The amps can be repaired very easily either by yourself if you are good with a soldering iron or by someone who is.

Default Amp

I understand it has a BOSE system, but I think I am right in saying there is a company called Clarion services.....who despite the name, refurb old units such as the CD/Radio/Tape found in a Nissan Figaro for example, they basically stip out the internals and update teh who lot but retain the external apperance for originality. But if you advice is not to worry about it too much then thanks. What happens to them? Is it failure of the Amps (or should that be Amplifier) or dry joints etc.
    Thanks again
    Mark

Plenty in the Prime FAQ aout this....

Old (inferior quality) capacitors start leaking over the circut board causing short circuts. Same happens to the A\C unit, again easy fix - replace caps and clean board.

If you do it yourself it will cost you a couple of quid, get a tv repair man to do it and it'll just cost you a drink.

Default caps

Sounds a bit like the ECU board and capacitors in the GTO.....200 quid at ECU doctor but agree that TV repair men can do it for a fraction

You must hate cars with your small collection!

Good luck in finding that special car, the NSX I mean!

The sound system might have been badged as Bose, but in actual fact its some thing else! Clarion?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Default sound

Really......so whats the deal, are BOSE and Clarion the same company? Hate cars.....sometimes yes but when I have at least one working that I can drive it makes it all worthwhile....yes looking forward to being in charge of an NSX soon I hope.

Jesus man, haven't you bought one yet??!!

Come on embrace the shiny.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Default new

Well.......

I hope I am not tempting fate or giving anything away, but I have done a deal today on a 1995 Sebring Silver manual Coupe.......

I haven't paid for it yet but thats minor details.....collect it next week when I return from Kazakhstan!

So stand by for even more stupid questions soon......

Mark

Congratulations on buying the fastest colour.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast