Thread: Foglight bulb

1. Default Foglight bulb

Hi all,

Does anyone know the bulb type fitting for the front foglights on UK-spec NA1's? This information should be in the user manual somewhere (I haven't got access to one).

Grateful for your assistance,

Dan

All it says in my book is 12v 55w
    Doesn't say anything about the bulb fitting type.
    Formula Red and Black 3.0 manual

3. Default

Thanks for looking it up Mart - I appreciate it.

I think I'll have to have a nosey around Matt's (TQO) car when I next see him ... now where did I put my hammer ... (just kidding Matt!)

Cheerio!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DTA-Motorsport View Post
    Thanks for looking it up Mart - I appreciate it.

I think I'll have to have a nosey around Matt's (TQO) car when I next see him ... now where did I put my hammer ... (just kidding Matt!)

Cheerio!

Dan
    I noticed my fog light is full of condensation yesterday so looks like a stone beat you to it Dutch boy!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Bulb type H3

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietOne View Post
    I noticed my fog light is full of condensation yesterday so looks like a stone beat you to it Dutch boy!
    Well that will be because it is a typical Dutch trait to be late for all the important things. I can remember just after the first Gulf War was (sort of) over, Holland sent two frigates and a pair of minesweepers to the region - two weeks after the fact!!!

BTW - we need to speak, I'll phone you later this weekend or otherwise next week.

Cheerio!

Dan

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Bulb type H3
    Thank you very much for that information Duncan - very much appreciated!

All the best,

Dan

Hi Dan,

So does this enquiry mean you have finally sourced 'bright' fog bulbs to match the HID's and sides?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Hi Dan,

So does this enquiry mean you have finally sourced 'bright' fog bulbs to match the HID's and sides?

regards, Paul
    Not exactly but I'm on the case. A supplier I don't use all that regularly "claims" to have regular halogen bulbs rated at 6000K ... I've got a pair on order and we'll see what they're like. The last time I tried a pair of 7200K Osram bulbs they were closer to 4500K in temperature so as per usual their marketing/advertising is way off the mark.

The reason for this particular request is actually to see if I can fit a HID kit in the fog lights. It won't be any better at projecting the light (due to the beam pattern design of foglights) but at least it'll match the dip-beam HIDs ... I'm just concerned at this point where to mount the ballasts so that they remain dry yet firmly attached.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheerio!

Dan