Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Announcement Time!

Default Announcement Time!

Some of you regular visitors may have noticed I am not signed up to MattFest, have pulled out from the dyno day, and am unsure whether I can go on RingFest.

I guess it's time to say why. I have accepted a job in a land far far away...

Well OK, not quite that far far away, Switzerland to be precise. Land of chocolate and cheese with holes in.

I go out at the end of March. It means my shiny new suspension isn't going to get much use, and the wife doesn't get the kitchen finished (still).

On the plus side during the winter the slopes are on my doorstep, and the mountain roads in the summer will be my driving playground.

Davos to Stelvio will be my Sunday morning jaunt from now on.

I may try and organise a long weekend for people interested in doing the famous 'Top Gear' best roads in Europe trip.

I will continue with this site, but until I get my own Interweb connection I can't update anything.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Good for you Kev,if you think that it's going to give you a better quality of life,then i say go for it.Out of curiosity what work will be taking you to the land of watches?
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Shoreham by Sea, Liege, Moscow! and other interesting places!

Good Luck with the new job!

Where abouts in Switzerland will you be based? I will be popping down to Basel a few times in the summer and might be working there for a while.

Leigh

awesome pal. Davos meant to be good to ride
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Good for you Kev,if you think that it's going to give you a better quality of life,then i say go for it.Out of curiosity what work will be taking you to the land of watches?
    Compooters...
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

6. Default Leaving us !!

Kevin , congratulations on the new job I hope it works out well for you and yours.

Davos to Stelvio ! there's always a downside to these moves

All the very best,

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I may try and organise a long weekend for people interested in doing the famous 'Top Gear' best roads in Europe trip.
    Now that sounds like a plan...
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Yes, compooters is what I do.

Funny enough, in the land of chocolate and watches I'll be working for a chocolate company!

I'll be in the Lausanne area, opposite end to Basel, but in the same town as the Swiss NSX Club.

It's only a temporary job, as I work as an overpaid contractor, but should be there for a year at least.

The missus, will be staying put at home.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Good luck, just as you were getting the garage sorted as well.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Shucks!!!!! When are you leaving?

Wish you best of luck and wealth!!

Need to find an alternative to Kevspeed now!
    I was hoping to entertain you when my SC engine replacement arrives.

Anychance for a NSX fairwell get-togther drive?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast