Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exmoor meet 24th feb 08

1. Default

Well done to Steve for making it all the way over there... taking your car out in the wet was an achievement on its own!!

S55 NSX is a lovely plate reminds me of S5...!
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Here are some pic's from the small Exmoor meet today.
    Hopefully someone has some better pic's because these aren't great! I guess it's because we spent most of the time driving which is as it should be.
    Anyway good to see everyone including John with the DC5 who tagged along and found himself miles from home with less than an hour to get back!

Cheers,

James.
    Good to meet you guys on this fun little outing. I was pleased I could keep up most of the time when you boys put your foot down. I was eating lots of spray and the odd stone most of the time - plus a plastic bottle made a nice wack on the windscreen once. Great roads and traffic wasn't bad too. I was pretty far from home when I left you all. The missus wasn't too pleased when rolled-in and confessed where I'd been. Lunch wasn't ruined or in the dog fortunately.

Would be great to meet up on the track some time.

Cheers,

Jon

3. Default Exmoor jaunt

Jon, we were pleased to have you along, sorry about the bottle it was too late to avoid by the time I spotted it, I wondered where it went

With regards to keeping up we were only changing up on half revs so you wouldn't fall off the back only joking, I think your motor was more than a match for us, it has great presence on the road.

Hope to see you at Japfest in May,

Cheers for now,

Ian

4. Default

Good to meet you Steve and Louise on Sunday,my ears have now recovered from following you Steve ! did sound good though.James well chosen route ,150 miles door to door for me, are you trying to make my mileage higher than yours ?

I do think that if you reduced the size of your ariel (2nd photo) you would still pick up radio 4

Cheers for now,

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by SILVER BULLET View Post
    Good to meet you Steve and Louise on Sunday,my ears have now recovered from following you Steve ! did sound good though.James well chosen route ,150 miles door to door for me, are you trying to make my mileage higher than yours ?

I do think that if you reduced the size of your ariel (2nd photo) you would still pick up radio 4

Cheers for now,

Ian
    I know, our cars are really close on mileage and on production. From memory, I think yours is no#27. mine is no#24.
    I know my ariel is a little on the oem side, but as you know it's pretty hilly over Exmoor and I worry I'd miss Womans hour through bad reception if I changed it;-)

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Just got back from our West Country road trip ! We had a cracking time in Cornwall but unfortunately lost our camera - so none of the pictures or videos I took will make it to this site

On a plus side - what a fantastic drive that was! James - great route and a real thrill following someone who really knew those winding roads well. When Louise and I returned to Tiverton, I had to ease of a bit as I didn't know the roads at all. My BOL has a S2000 and wants to do that route with me at Easter - I'll post nearer the time but it would be good to see some of you there.

Sorry about the plastic bottle Ian / Jon - I couldn't see it in time to avoid it either!
    Steve.

Sounds like plan Steve.

I've always like the S2000 but rarely get a go in one.
    Maybe next time we could find some deserted roads and get some action shots. (Matt before you jump on this one; read: "action shots of cars driving").

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    ..........we could find some deserted roads and get some action shots. (Matt before you jump on this one; read: "action shots of cars driving"). Cheers, James.
    And dont ask Matt (of dodgy avatar fame) to do the driving unless you want slow mo action
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12