Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint colour or code for wheels

Default Paint colour or code for wheels

For a 1995 car, (16" front wheels, 17" rear wheels) can anyone advise the Honda colour, paint code or alterative colour reference from another manufacturer for the wheels.
    Not the silver colour (whatever that maybe) on the earlier 5 spoke wheels but a grey titanium type colour.
    Many thanks,
    Duncan

2. Default

the colour you are after is Solaris Silver. Paint code is NH-536M.
    Darren Ferneyhough

http://today.nsedreams.com
    Working with a growing team improving health, wealth & prosperity.
    If you know someone that wants or needs to improve any of these
    areas please connect them with me via my LinkedIn profile above

3. Default

Darren, is that the same colour and code for a 2000 model NSX as well? Cheers, David.

It isn't Solaris Silver as far as I know. UK cars all had the gunmetal colour, which my 2001 car has.

Edit: scrub that, Darrens right: "Solaris Silver, paint code NH-536M (a gunmetal gray color)"

5. Default

Managed to find an intelligent Honda parts Guy. For the NSX model year 2000, the paint code is indeed NH536M. Cheers to all, David.

6. Default

Hi,

Can somebody please clarify whether the correct paint code for the standard wheel colour on a 1998 is NH536M - Solaris Silver OR BLades Silver and what, if anyone happens to know , is the paint code for Blades silver. I am probably being really stupid but the below thread seems to contradict this one and has left me in a bit of a quandry as to what colour 198 wheels sould be!!! ::----->

Changes for 1994

New Color: Brooklands Green Pearl
    Keyed roof color to body color in late-year green cars (first 20(?) greens were with black roof)
    Dropped Color: Sebring Silver
    New Interior Color: Tan
    Dropped Interior Color: Ivory
    Removed "DOCH VTEC badge" on center console cover
    Changed wheel design from 5-spoke to 7-spoke
    New wheel color: Solaris Silver, paint code NH-536M (a gunmetal gray color) [/i]
    Increased Tire/Wheel Sizes to 215ZR45 16" Front and 245ZR40 17" Rear
    Gear cut method changed to reduce gear noise
    Color-keyed the rear wall of the interior tan for tan interior cars (previously black on ivory interiors).

Changes for 1995

Added targa top version: the NSX-T
    Roofs now all body colored
    New color: Midnight Pearl
    Black interior changed from interior code E to code J. It's a little lighter.. a dark charcoal color.
    Sportshift "Tiptronic-style" shifting for Automatics
    Power Steering becomes standard for Manuals as well as Automatics
    Modified airflow to brakes to improve cooling
    Traction Control Light no longer shines green when activated, still shines yellow when inactive
    Throttle-By-Wire
    Limited Slip Differential Changes on manual transmission cars. Went from Torque Control Differential to a Torque Reactive Differential - when combined with Throttle-By-Wire, increases speeds out of a corner by 10%. Automatic cars keep old differential.
    Bumper reinforcements were changed to extruded aluminum instead of the stamped steel
    Approx. 100 lbs heaver than 1991/1992 models due to reinforcements for targa top, including: The base of the B pillar where it joins the rocker panel, larger rear bulkhead crossbar, thicker trunk leading edge panel, a redesigned and thicker-walled rear roof section, a redesigned front roof rail section, additional rib in the center rear bulkhead section, a completely redesigned and thicker upper A-pillar. There's also a redesigned and thicker upper dashboard cross member and a redesigned front lower floor section. The extruded aluminum side sills were extensively reinforced - wall thickness of the vertical center web of the 5-sided extrusion went from 2mm to 6mm.

Changes for 1996

none

Changes for 1997

Three new colors: Kaiser Silver, Monte Carlo Blue, Spa Yellow
    Coupes can be special ordered with either a black top or a body color top; -Ts still have body colored roofs
    New wheel color on all wheels: Blades Silver (a bright machined/brushed looking finish)

Many thanks,

luke

7. 26-05-2006, 08:39 AM

8. Default

^ what he said

yep - Speedy is correct on the Blades - no paint, just machined & laquered
    Darren Ferneyhough

http://today.nsedreams.com
    Working with a growing team improving health, wealth & prosperity.
    If you know someone that wants or needs to improve any of these
    areas please connect them with me via my LinkedIn profile above

9. Default

Hi - Does anyone know the paint code for the original 15 and 16inch wheels from an early car.

Cheers,

I think this is Blades Silver

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Blades Silver also has a paint code:

NH-95MZ (BLADE SILVER METALLIC-Z)
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast