Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Some questions, Be gentle I am new.

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude View Post
    As for J A P, I think it is as bad as some of the abbreviations for Chinese and taken as such. It has connotations with WWII as well as others which is a time that the Japanese would certainly rather move on from. I agree with Kevin's decision to not allow it on this forum. After all for the majority of the time we are not dealing with illiterate school leavers with their first car, how hard is it to type "anese".
    I too support this view.

Ref the common sighting of DB's on todays roads, Am is almost a victim of its own recent sales success. There was a time when spotting an AM was almost as rare as an NSX. IMO, it was this rarity that helped to make them special. If the money wasn't an issue then I have always fancied owning one, and today that would most likely be the AMV8.

My concern however is that they are not built to the same quality levels in terms of long life. The modern production facility may mean there are beter to drive and more reliable mechanically, but if you get the chance to take a close look at a 2-3 yr old Aston, it really is not standing up to the rigours of our road conditions quite the same way as a 10 yr old NSX does.

Unless things change significantly, the NSX remains the car that I shall continue to enjoy for many more years to come.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I think they are more akin to the DBS V8 etc of the 70's / 80's
    I think DB6 and before they are just something different, something more like the NSX.

Quote Originally Posted by gsuds View Post
    Understand that the DB7 is essentially a modified XJS under the skin (OK - maybe oversimplistic), but what about the DB9, Simon? Does this come under the same category? Is it just me, or are there too many of these around - beautiful or not - for the AM exclusivity to survive?

G
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345