Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some questions, Be gentle I am new.

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    FYI my wife is 26 and reduced my quote by £150. Luke
    Well, we've seen you drive so thats not surprising ...

I have to say that I'm struggling to align the ownership of a satnav system with lower insurance premiums?? Can you enlighten please?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I think statistics show that when you don't know where you are going you focus more attention on directions rather than other road users, hence knowing where you are going all the time 'helps' your driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I have to say that I'm struggling to align the ownership of a satnav system with lower insurance premiums?? Can you enlighten please?
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Question

And I'll wager a bet that the survey for the stats was mainly male drivers who are generally c**p at stopping to ask directions!

It really is the easiest thing to do as follows;
    - arrive at edge of town of your destination
    - pull into petrol station (as they usually have maps at the till) OR
    - stop at convenient newsagent (They know most places due to the paper-rounds)
    - obtain clear local directions
    - arrive safely at destination

Does it differentiate between OEM or aftermarket? I ask as most of the OEM are very quick and accurate in my experience whereas the portable things often have some 'slack' in the accuracy. This can lead to you being directed past your turning because the system has a delay. ......

regards, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude View Post
    I think statistics show that when you don't know where you are going you focus more attention on directions rather than other road users, hence knowing where you are going all the time 'helps' your driving.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

Welcome and good luck in your search and getting a decent insurance quote! Best bet is to get insurance on a 10 year old as premiums drops and 97s with 3.2 are in that age bracket just! Also need to consider the colour you want, but you may need to compromise. Red is a great colour with the best availability for this rare car with about 50-60% of all cars sold, yellow is rare, but black even rarer! I know you are aching to get your hands on this great car, but lesson that most of us learnt, is be patient, spend as much as you can and eventually ownership is priceless. Happy hunting.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

5. Default

Thanks for all for the advice and help. I will be looking out for the right car and best things come to those that wait. As long as waiting is not too many years!
    Rest assured I will be gloating on hear as soon as I locate one! Really like the black didn’t know it was a rare colour.
    My colour preference in order is Black, Blue, Red yellow. Dam.....

Default Import vs UK

Is there an opinion that an Imported *** car is going to be in a damn sight better condition underneath (salty roads, rain, sleet etc) than a UK car. I have found this with the Mitsi GTO world, my 1991 cars look almost new underneath, mine has been in the country for about 3-4 years now.....how are the UK sold NSX's holding up, especially the ones that are not in a garage all the time?
    Last edited by markdas; 08-03-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markdas View Post
    ....how are the UK sold NSX's holding up..........
    Pretty well Thanx .......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OSF rebuilt.jpg  
    Senninha

Default salt

In general I mean......its a fact guys that the UK weather is pretty poor....it would not be surprising if a UK car is suffering more than a *** car thats only been here for a year.
    I had a Honda back in the late 80's and it was lovely but not rustproofed well enough.....is the NSX better at resisting this?
    Many thanks
    Mark

Default car

Why the hell can't I type the word *** on here (short for Japanese)???

Quote Originally Posted by markdas View Post
    Why the hell can't I type the word *** on here (short for Japanese)???
    Kevin hates sloppy English.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast