Thread: A/C compressor

1. Default A/C compressor

Does anyone know if there are any differences between early and late model A/C compressors?

mine has died and needs replacing and I have seen one from a 97 car advertised, but would hate to buy it and find it is not suitable.

any help appreciated.

Darren

The refridgerant got changed at some point, don't know if that means a new compressor. People change their refridgerant without changing the pump though. Are they different part numbers?
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

3. Default

in case anyone else is interested, my research has revealed that not only are the a/c pumps common across all NSX models, but the same unit is used on the Integra's, so if you need to source one from a breaker etc this widens your net considerably.

meanwhile I have decided to abandon my search for a new pump and will be removing the entire a/c system (or rather my mechanic will while I am on holiday in June) because I a really really kidding myself that I am a racer :lol:

edit: p.s. Kev, how about developing some nice ducting from the spaces soon to be vacated by my a/c condensers through to the brake disks :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlaltdelboy

edit: p.s. Kev, how about developing some nice ducting from the spaces soon to be vacated by my a/c condensers through to the brake disks :wink:
    Already am. Actually they will be replacement splash shields with ducting adaptors. At the other end the duct will go to the RM splitter.

I'd like to remove the A/C too, but in a black car and a long trip to Spa once a year, maybe not!
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.