Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

i´ve changed now to 225-40-16 and 245-40-17 on the stock 16-17 inch rims. the only available tyre for the front is dunlop sp9000 (with the speedindex we need in germany: ZR) on the rear i drive on dunlop sport maxx. i never want to have mixed profiles , but after driving in the 9000th, it workes real good. so thats my reference for those rims. i must have gone to the TÜV and let it write down in the papers of the car, but now its all ok.
    presure is 2,0/2,5 bar.

2. Default Tyres

A great help - many thanks Kevin

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd check whether anyone's had any more thoughts on here.

The new car will need new rears pretty-much straight-away (currently RE050's). The fronts are RE040's with a fair amount of tread, so I'm loath to ditch them, which means Bridgestone rears are favourite.

So:-
    - RE050's again?
    - RE050A's? The S2000 crowd seem to prefer these to the RE050, but James (Papalazarou) seemed to have some issues with these on his NSX, albeit perhaps in a different size to OE? Also, what are the sidewalls like?

Lastly, the -A's only come in a W-rating at the right size. What issues will this give me - I'm guessing insurance, for one?!?

The alternative is Goodyears, but that would be Asymmetrics on the rear and GSD-3's on the front (albeit in 215/40/16 W). Or GDS-3's all-round. Which again isn't ideal, not least for the squidgier sidewalls.

(Already discounted - T1R's - nice tyres, too squidgy sidewalls; Yoko's - too soft; Conti's - no-one with any experience on here, but I've liked them in the past, and they've a stiff sidewall...)

Questions:-
    - Dunlops (SP Sport Maxx) - what are the sidewalls like? And any suggestions for a matching front tyre?
    - Hankook Ventus - Senninha seems to like these - any other comments (and sidewall stiffness?), and what about a front tyre to match?
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

we ve tested re050A here on the NSX, it works very good. the re050 is a runflat-version, which is heavier, and you dont need runflat-tyres. so the re050a is a very good choise. very good in the rain and very also in dry conditions. the price is here 215-40-17 130eu and 245-40-17 160eu

5. Default

I've been running RE050A's on mine for about 3-4 years now. I really rate them - maybe not as good as the old SO3s (gawd love em) but still a great tyre in both wet and dry i.e. UK weather! If yours sits in a garage all winter then there are undoubtedly better dry tyres out there.

I have 265 35 18 rears and 215 40 17 fronts - these are Y rated (upto 186mph).
    Paul
    1997 3.2 NSX-T : Ext. Magnum Grey : Int. Red / Black

ok i dont surelly know how they are in rain at 4 *celsius. but they are especially very good in rain. in dry conditions all tyres are not so bad, also the sport maxx (245-40-17)
    Last edited by 278kmh; 30-01-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Interesting - just been speaking to Bridgestone Technical in the UK, and they don't recommend mixing directional and asymmetric tyres on the same car, due to the different characteristics of each.

...which, given the complete paucity of choice for the fronts, leaves me with very little option but to stick with the stock RE050 (which probably wouldn't be my first choice...).

Anyone know of a set of final-generation (17" all-round) NSX alloys for sale?!?

Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post

Anyone know of a set of final-generation (17" all-round) NSX alloys for sale?!?
    Better look over the water for those. Might as well go aftermarket for better offsets. Expect to pay a minimun of $ 2000.00 USD plus shipping for them. Also your car might need front spacers ( 3mm ) to clear the calipers.

Cheers,

AR

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Might as well go aftermarket for better offsets.
    Tell me more...

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Also your car might need front spacers ( 3mm ) to clear the calipers.

Cheers,

AR

I have a set of 5mm spacers if you need them.

There's been quite a few sets turning up on Prime now, just make sure they are real ones.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast