Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    That's becuase it's not how the 5% rule works.

You take the ratio of the stock front tyres to stock rear tyres, ie the 'standard ratio'.

Then with whatever tyres you get, the ratio of the new tyres has to be within 5% of the ratio of the stock tyres, ie the 'new ratio' has to be within 5% of the 'standard ratio'.

hiya - wonder what is the significance of this 5% rule? How does it affect the abs/tcs and perhaps more importantly/interestingly why would it affect these systems if >5%?

cheers

v

If the ratio is greater than the 5% then this is outside of the allowed tolerance, ie the ECU will think that one set of wheels is spinning / skidding and cause the TCS to cut power.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude View Post
    If the ratio is greater than the 5% then this is outside of the allowed tolerance, ie the ECU will think that one set of wheels is spinning / skidding and cause the TCS to cut power.
    Ditto that is why I reckon that 215 40 17 and 255 40 17 are great sizes for the NSX.

Question

but the differenz of the circumference of
    205-50-15 zu 225-50-16 ,is 7,75%

and the differenz of the circumference of
    215/40 ZR 17 und 255/40 ZR 17 is 5,3 %

:think:

Quote Originally Posted by 278kmh View Post
    but the differenz of the circumference of
    205-50-15 zu 225-50-16 ,is 7,75%

and the differenz of the circumference of
    215/40 ZR 17 und 255/40 ZR 17 is 5,3 %

:think:
    The 5% tolerance is between the front and rear tyres circumference (against each other).

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    The 5% tolerance is between the front and rear tyres circumference (against each other).

SS
    the % are the difference between front and rear in each pair obove. so you say its ok if the reartyre is 5% more in circumference than it should be to keep the difference of 7,75%?
    what will a reartyre have in circumference when the front is 215-40-17?

I've put together these links to help in the finding of tyres for the NSX for various years.

2002 - 2005
    Front 215/40ZR17
    Rear 255/40ZR17

The tyres that are listed is not going to be an exhaustive list, and even though some tyres are listed may not be available.

Not sure what the circumference is but just have the rear as stated above!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Had to put the OEM S2000 rears on the NSX today, can't get hold of the RE050BZ's that I used so now on those (RE050MZ).
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Question

i´ve found yokohamas 022 in this list, but they dont ship to germany. i need 2 fronttyres 215-45-16. can someone help me?

Default Bridgestone Potenzas

I've been using Bridgestone Potenzas for several years. They stick well and seem to last a reasonable time: I've just replaced the two front ones after approx 30k. Been using the same garage for many years - he charged me £200 for the pair including balancing and fitting. Last time I bought a pair of rears (lasting around 18k), they cost £215.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast