Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Blog Entries

For Yokohama Tyres, I always just phone them to check the next delivery schedule.

As of this morning, following is the info from them on the Advan Neova AD-08R;

205/50/15: about 20 in stock
    225/50/16: out of stock, no delivery info, the earliest would be June.

215/45/16: about 20 in stock
    245/40/17: out of stock, about 6 to be delivered around 21/May, no future delivery info yet

215/40/17: out of stock, no delivery info, the earliest would be June.
    255/40/17: out of stock, no delivery info, the earliest would be June.

Kaz

Thanks for info. I e-mailed Yoko. a week ago no reply.... Obviously who you know... 225/50/R16 on order since 30/3/15 with Demon Tweakes, good price,£125 each but no stock,no date... MOT tomorrow,I'll cross my fingers the old Dunlops on the back will get through till June...

Yes Potenza's RE050's . Tyre Leader that's a good price. Just ordered from National Tyre who have come down to £430.00. Just because I could have order from Tyre Shopper and had them fitted free at National Tyre for £418.00

Kingsley

kwik fit are a rip-off ... they prey on those that dont know any better. there supposed deals are the norm rrp everywhere else
    IMHO never trust a KF fitter ...

Thats a decent price Simon for a set of RE050's ... as you say bit of money left over for the fitting etc
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

5. Default

My local tyre place has got me replacement bridgestone for 105 each all around which is cheaper than my ford kuga! New rubber in time for the European tour. Happy days

My Yokohama AD08R tyres arrived today. Been on a slow boat from China.... or Japan!

Looking good,all matched up for the summer

7. Default

Morning,

For 02+ wheels I've been researching tyre options, annoyingly a brand new set of GSD3s on the front will have to be binned as the tears are no longer available.

I come up with two main contenders

Conti sport contact 3... Is this an old tyre... Seems to be a "5" out there now
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s321p..._Noise%3A_73dB

Yoko AD08R... Possibly noisy?
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s321p..._Noise%3A_75dB

On the RE050 potenzas I'm not sold... I see people saying they're designed to work well on an nsx and some followers but all the reviews I read are poor. What am I missing here?

Cheers
    L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

Hankook works fine as a substitute for Bridges. Firmer sidewall than Conti but not as firm as Bridges.

Yoko R's are great, noise difference between that and the previous Goodyears not noticeable. Hankooks were terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Lankstarr View Post
    Morning,

For 02+ wheels I've been researching tyre options, annoyingly a brand new set of GSD3s on the front will have to be binned as the tears are no longer available.

I come up with two main contenders

Conti sport contact 3... Is this an old tyre... Seems to be a "5" out there now
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s321p..._Noise%3A_73dB

Yoko AD08R... Possibly noisy?
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s321p..._Noise%3A_75dB

On the RE050 potenzas I'm not sold... I see people saying they're designed to work well on an nsx and some followers but all the reviews I read are poor. What am I missing here?

Cheers
    L*
    I'm not sure the Yokos are viable as they are only W rated. I have RE050s on mine as they have a stiff sidewall - something that the GSDs didn't

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast