Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by pralognan View Post
    Thanks for replies,no luck with "ears".Any thoughts on mixing existing ADO8R fronts with Toyo R888 rears.
    Hi again, as you know the front tyres hardly ever wear out, I remember my front Eagle F1's never did, they just exceeded the age limitation on the date stamp of the tyre.

Change them for the 888R's at the same time and then feel the extra grip and increased G on turn ins, you'll love it.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

i think the b'stone potenza is a decent competent all rounder on the NSX ... been using these tyres since owning an Evo and now with the NSX and they have yet to let me down and I have done all types of driving. You should not be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by T1LTU View Post
    I tried everywhere for some a couple of months back and nobody could help, except camskill who said they had them, took my card details, said they'd be dispatched in two days and then said they didn't have them after all! Ended up with bridgestones all round...
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by pralognan View Post
    Thanks for replies,no luck with "ears".Any thoughts on mixing existing ADO8R fronts with Toyo R888 rears.
    Hi, just my personal opinion, but every NSX I have ever driven with mis-matched F2R tyres does not feel as planted as a matched set of tyres. Something for you to consider perhaps. Rgds Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    i think the b'stone potenza is a decent competent all rounder on the NSX ... been using these tyres since owning an Evo and now with the NSX and they have yet to let me down and I have done all types of driving. You should not be disappointed
    They're very popular with a lot of Japanese cars. I have hankooks ventus v12 evos and had the potenza re040's, just not as grippy in the wet. I think a few have had the hankooks on their nsx's in here.

That's cause they are a Japenese company!
    i have never had any issues in the wet in all the cars I ... Talent perhaps but not tyre related.
    quality branded tyres are one of those areas that divides opinion. However we all can agree that cheap crap is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by soddy View Post
    They're very popular with a lot of Japanese cars. I have hankooks ventus v12 evos and had the potenza re040's, just not as grippy in the wet. I think a few have had the hankooks on their nsx's in here.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    i have never had any issues in the wet in all the cars I ... Talent perhaps but not tyre related.
    I ... what? crashed??? Talent???

I know they are, Bridgestones are popular with those wanting something that sticks like you know what to a blanket, better grip etc.
    The RE011's is it are the best for grip for something race like and road legal that leave bits of tyre in potholes on the road as they move over it.

Yes the hankooks will last longer and for everyday use would be financially cheaper, so it depends on the amount of driving being done, if the car is taken out in the summer months then its a no brainer, go for the potenzas.

7. Default

Agree with potenzas! Great tyre. Although ad08s are good too.
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

The AD08R's that I put on mine come up a lot more generous in the width. Stacked all four tyres next to the stack of old Good Year GSD3's and the Yoko stack was a good 3" taller. Worth bearing in mind if you don't have power steering.

Just been shopping around for 4 new tyres. Looking at Bridgestone Potenza's. 255 /40/17 and 215/40/17 Pays to shop around. Kwik-Fit Best price for 4 £678.40
    National Tyre £450.00
    Costco £458.00 Plus £50 off in Costco Vouchers
    Tyre Shopper £418.40 Fitted at National Tyre

Big difference

Kingsley
    Last edited by kingsley; 13-04-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
    Just been shopping around for 4 new tyres. Looking at Bridgestone Potenza's. 255 /40/17 and 215/40/17 Pays to shop around. Kwik-Fit Best price for 4 £678.40
    National Tyre £450.00
    Costco £458.00 Plus £50 off in Costco Vouchers
    Tyre Shopper £418.40 Fitted at National Tyre

Big difference

Kingsley
    ....or 'Tyre Leader' - £352.68 mail order....plenty of money left for fitting. Assuming you were talking RE050's.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast