Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Interestingly, the CCC was rated best tyre in an Evo car mag test recently and the tyre size was around 235.

Has anyone here tried them on an NSX and the 16/17 combo?
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

2. Smile

Hi Guys,
    Having read all 21 pages of this thread I am still undecided about which tyre sizes to go for
    Have a set of OEM 16/17 alloys to go on so can someone please let me know what would be best tyre brand and sizes for daily driving (No track days etc) at reasonable prices

Thinking of sticking with OEM sizes but have a good set of 225/45/16 (continentals) as a spare set so may put them on the fronts..

Cheers

Hi Rash,

So no track days, how else do you use your NSX as this invite advice/ thoughts from other owners ...

I not a fan of Conti's myself, but have used Hankook, Goodyear, yoko's and beebread pleased with them all in different circumstances ...

Whichever way you go I would strongly recommend AGAINST mixing front to rear combinations

Regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Hi Rash

On Kaz's recommendation I went for Yokohama Advan Neova AD-08. 215/45/16 on front and 245/40/17 Rear. Prices £130 front and £180 rear. Kaz has them on his car, though I think runs lower pressures than in the handbook.

For normal road use I am quite happy with the Yokos and found the handling much improved over the 7 year old Goodyears that were on the car previously, but that may have partially been down to getting the geometry set up correctly.

Cheers

Nick

We all know that tyre choice is very limited for stock 16/17 wheels.

Some owners few years ago changed fronts to 225 40 16 from stock 215 45 16, but even
    this slightly lower profile choice is dwindling too?

Has any one tried 215 40 16's on the fronts? I have searched this very long thread & but
    found no references to 215 40 16?

Cheers
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 25-10-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Around £640 fitted though you may well get a better deal where you're going ...

Anyone bought a full set of the Yokohama Advan AD08 recently for the standard 17" & 17" OE wheel combo? I tried my usual sources and can't get near the above price. Best fitted price I've had is a shade over £700.

Simon,

Give Richard Maguire (Maggs) a call at Ruislip Tyres ... he may be able to help ... 01895 632652

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Anyone bought a full set of the Yokohama Advan AD08 recently for the standard 17" & 17" OE wheel combo? I tried my usual sources and can't get near the above price. Best fitted price I've had is a shade over £700.

I have just managed to buy a set of OEM 16 and 17 inch 7 spokes from Prime so interested in knowing best tyres and sources also
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Simon,

Give Richard Maguire (Maggs) a call at Ruislip Tyres ... he may be able to help ... 01895 632652

regards, Paul
    Cheers Paul, will give him a try.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    I have just managed to buy a set of OEM 16 and 17 inch 7 spokes from Prime so interested in knowing best tyres and sources also
    Quite a few members running the AD08 on 16/17 as well as 17/17

Other option could include Kumho or Hankook as both have similar stiff sidewalls to OEM tyre
    Senninha

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast