Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Just a quick question on the Yokohama Advan AD08's.....

I don't believe there are any OEM spec tyres for the NSX anymore although I may be wrong? I have a feeling I read somewhere on this site in the past that there were spec tyres for the NSX with stiffer sidewalls but I can't find it. Has everyone who bought the Yokohamas in the UK just bought the generic version or anything different. What sort of prices were they? Will need to bite the bullet with the credit card in the near future as the tyres are a bit old, five years or so and lowish on the back....

Thanks,

Gary

2. Default

A great shame about Yokohama not making the AD08 any more, such a small window of availability.
    I had Toyo proxy T1-R's fitted, they don't feel overly direct but they grip quite well, are very quiet and cheap at about £400 a set(92 spec).
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    Just a quick question on the Yokohama Advan AD08's.....

I don't believe there are any OEM spec tyres for the NSX anymore although I may be wrong? I have a feeling I read somewhere on this site in the past that there were spec tyres for the NSX with stiffer sidewalls but I can't find it. Has everyone who bought the Yokohamas in the UK just bought the generic version or anything different. What sort of prices were they? Will need to bite the bullet with the credit card in the near future as the tyres are a bit old, five years or so and lowish on the back....

Thanks,

Gary

I thought the RE050s were available still for rear with 40s on the front? The Advans are only rated to 168mph which is a allegedly a problem for newer cars. I'm on GSDs all round.

I personally don't like mixing tyres. Even RE50s & 40s.

That the tyres are only round until 168.75mph is a moot point: IIRC, the spec. in the bible demands my car be fitted with a Z-rated tyre. I think it would only attain such velocity if I were to drive it over a cliff with a following wind...

I do not believe there are ANY correct Z-rated tyres any more. So what are the insurance company to suggest? I drive it on bald decade old tyres?
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    I personally don't like mixing tyres. Even RE50s & 40s.

That the tyres are only round until 168.75mph is a moot point: IIRC, the spec. in the bible demands my car be fitted with a Z-rated tyre. I think it would only attain such velocity if I were to drive it over a cliff with a following wind...

I do not believe there are ANY correct Z-rated tyres any more. So what are the insurance company to suggest? I drive it on bald decade old tyres?
    I think the 02+ cars are still OK as GSDs are Z rated

That's alright then!

Sounds like an excuse to go buy another set of Mugen GPs...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by gumball View Post
    A great shame about Yokohama not making the AD08 any more, such a small window of availability.
    What was the source of this info please? Very surprising as they only became available a year or so ago.
    Purple '95 manual targa

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    What was the source of this info please? Very surprising as they only became available a year or so ago.

Not really concrete evidence.. just that that before I couldn't get hold of them for my car. Now they have disappeared off the listings in the later sizes too. Hope it's just a restock problem.
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

Hmm. Hardly grounds to state that Yokohama aren't making them anymore...?

Camskill are listing them in the 16/17 sizes for a '95.
    Purple '95 manual targa

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Hmm. Hardly grounds to state that Yokohama aren't making them anymore...?

Camskill are listing them in the 16/17 sizes for a '95.

Haha, it's a good job it's not a serious offence.

Taking ages to get them back in stock over here.
    我々の祈り、日本に届きますように。

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast