Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Driver Matt View Post
    Have been driving like a Christian, only overtaking where safe to do so.
    Sizes are standard which I believe are : 215 45 16 and 245 40 17.
    That is what is getting me confused as the fronts aren't shown on the link - I may have picked the wrong tyre

Mark at Event Tyres said Yoko's website is bloody confusing - the earliest they can get me some is 25 July, apparently.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Driver Matt View Post
    Sizes are standard which I believe are : 215 45 16 and 245 40 17.
    Are Advan Sport (Noel's link) the same things as Advan/AD 08? I thought the latter was a dedicated track day tyre?

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 21-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.
    The older I get, the faster I was

4. Default

Tyres definitely exist in 215 45 16 even if not listed on web site.

"For racers and car enthusiasts with highly tuned cars. They use their car on the street and occasionally on the race track and want one tyre to do both duties. Capable of astonishing lap times. 1:44.37 at Eastern Creek Raceway, Sydney to win the Clubsprint Class at World Time Attack 2010. 107.4 at Wakefield Park set by O. Zaberca. And 59.945 lap time at Tsukuba Circuit Japan - SEE VIDEO BELOW.
    Video

If you want a high performance tyre that will give you comfort, low noise levels and good mileage this is not the tyre for you. Please choose the ADVAN Sport."

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Contis win the test. It appears that we can get these for 02+ cars - no idea on sidewall stiffness.
    If you like to have a stiff tyre sidewall please stay away of Contis.

My next tyre will be the Hankook EVO V12 or even the racier RS-2 Z212 as I don't need a wet tyre. The later also have the right sizes for the front: 215/45/16. People on the Racer-Forum of the Nürburgring give it a thumbs-up.

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Are Advan Sport (Noel's link) the same things as Advan/AD 08? I thought the latter was a dedicated track day tyre?

Cheers

Mark
    I believe the AD08 is the new 'extreme road/trackday' one which everyone is raving about. Yoko are making it available in a wide range of sizes, including 'rare' 16" dimensions.

Isn't the sport the more 'sensible' summer tyre?
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Indeed. The Contis were the fastest round the track in the wet.
    Hankooks do well in some of the tests here

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...oup-tyre-tests

(trying to find alternative to 888s for Renault)

If its any use to you,I had a pair of these put on recently and I like them.
    http://www.kwik-fit.com/tyre-search.asp
    I tell people that I've now done one decent thing in my life. Albeit inadvertently.
    Larry David

'92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Quote Originally Posted by nakamichi View Post
    If its any use to you,I had a pair of these put on recently and I like them.
    http://www.kwik-fit.com/tyre-search.asp
    Link doesn't work - what were they?

I tell people that I've now done one decent thing in my life. Albeit inadvertently.
    Larry David

'92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast