Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Several people mentioned that they went with Hankook EVO V12. I had them a short time on my DD but sold the car this spring. The performance was good. I still hesitate to mount them on the NSX.
    What about the longlivity of them on the NSX esp. of the rear ones compared to GY or BS?
    I was probably one of the early explorers to put Evo's on the NSX, having covered ~50k miles with them on my daily.

Driving style as mentioned above will impact tyre life for sure. I've covered around 4k miles of spirited driving. Rears are reading 6mm from the original 8mm across the pattern so lots of fun and life left in them.

For reference I swapped from Goodyear F1's whoich completed 18k miles. Rears were almost slick to the inner half when removed, fronts still had 3mm even.

The Evo's are not as stiff as RE's, but are noticeable stiffer than the F1's and have sharpened up the steering etc over the F1's. I would be happy to drive my NSX on either of these 2 brands.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Driving style as mentioned above will impact tyre life for sure. I've covered around 4k miles of spirited driving. Rears are reading 6mm from the original 8mm across the pattern so lots of fun and life left in them.

For reference I swapped from Goodyear F1's whoich completed 18k miles. Rears were almost slick to the inner half when removed, fronts still had 3mm even.
    Thanks for the review, Paul.
    It looks like you could get about 12k miles out of the EVO's on the rear. That's 2/3 of miles of the Goodyear F1's. If the price is promissing I'll give them a try.

Still wondering how you can get 18k miles out of the Goodyears. They last very long (I'm aware of) but I could never exceed 8k miles regardless what tyre was mounted on the rear. Ok, I should try to change my driving style. The highest mileage was out a Michelin Sport tyre but due to his very soft sidewalls I really sucked. The irony is that they lasted so long.

Latest tyre test in EVO. They used an MX5 with 205/45 R17

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=18156177

Contis win the test. It appears that we can get these for 02+ cars - no idea on sidewall stiffness.

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Latest tyre test in EVO.........

Contis win the test.....
    It would be a braver man than me to run on COnti's in anything other than dry conditions. I had these on my daily and they were very poor in the wet and only OK in the dry IMO.

They also wore very quickly giving up only 9k miles before the were on the wear limits.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    It would be a braver man than me to run on COnti's in anything other than dry conditions. I had these on my daily and they were very poor in the wet and only OK in the dry IMO.

They also wore very quickly giving up only 9k miles before the were on the wear limits.
    Entirely depends on the particular model though. All tyre manufacturers make good and bad (relatively) tyres. That's one reason to stick with the well known big brands, they tend to make fewer poor ones.

I had Conti Sport 2's on my 993 and they were excellent.

Cheers

Mark
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Entirely depends on the particular model though. All tyre manufacturers make good and bad (relatively) tyres. That's one reason to stick with the well known big brands, they tend to make fewer poor ones.

I had Conti Sport 2's on my 993 and they were excellent.

Cheers

Mark
    Indeed. The Contis were the fastest round the track in the wet.

7. Default Ad 08

Must say that having put a few hundred miles on the AD08s they are fantastic. Not sure how long they'll last but dry grip is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver Matt View Post
    Must say that having put a few hundred miles on the AD08s they are fantastic. Not sure how long they'll last but dry grip is awesome.
    I saw you yesterday........... I wouldn't have overtaken where you did so they must be good, lol.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Quote Originally Posted by Driver Matt View Post
    Which sizes did you get?

http://www2.yokohama-online.com/gb/t...hp?tyreID=1058

10. Default

Have been driving like a Christian, only overtaking where safe to do so.
    Sizes are standard which I believe are : 215 45 16 and 245 40 17.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast