Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Over here in NZ the RE002 has been replaced by the RE003:

http://www.bridgestonetyrecentre.co....renalin-re003/

I can never remember the spec that is required for the original wheels, so hopefully there is a suitable size for you.

I don't have them on my car, but may do when I come to replace the RE-11s that are on there now, although I'll have to change the front from a 215 to a 205 if I go with this tyre.

Edit:

Just looked at the UK Bridgestone site - you have even less choice than here!

Not it sure if you can order in tyres from Japan or the USA - they seem to have much more (some) choices in the correct sizes...
    Last edited by NZNick; 22-01-2019 at 05:55 AM.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by paulmnz View Post
    What is the latest view on tyres for the NA1 15/16 wheels? very limited choice now.

When I purchased my car it came with brand new Bridgestone Potenza AdrenalinRE002s. Great tyre for the car - lovely and progressive on the track and enormous grip in the wet.

I race cars and have a number of other faster and slower cars, so I'm not looking for ultimate performance, but a decent tyre which steers nicely but doesn't overwhelm the car with too much grip or ruin the ride on the OE suspension - the RE002 seemed a great balance.

As far as I can see, the only alternative in the OE sizes for a tyre which has any kind of 'sporting' credential is the AD008 which is well reviewed here - anyone compared it to the RE002?

One issue - it appears the AD008r is only available in a 'V' speed rating (149mph)? Whilst I dont drive over this speed often, I have seen 160mph on the autobahn in germany with the W rated RE002s.

Thanks...
    Great find...will look into this.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

3. Default

Quick update. I bought some AD08's for my DC2 Integra Type-R and a set of rears for the NSX. Haven't had a chance to fit the NSX tyres, but I've used the integra on a trackday at cadwell so have done some miles on the AD08.

Very impressive tyre. nice steering feel, stiff sidewall but nowhere near as compromised as a semi-slick. fairly quiet on the road (didn't notice a lot of road noise compared the standard road tyres I had on before) and on the trackday they where very consistent in terms of temperature and grip levels. I'm very excited about them for the NSX - should be the perfect combination of being 'sporty' but not too compromised. Will update once I get around to trying them on the NSX.

Thanks for the update.

In the meanwhile, I've spoken to a track guy with his Integra and he stated clearly that semis are quiet on the first miles when new. But with more mileage on them they get noticeably noisier. He said that the difference was night and day AFTER the first trackday in summer or after a serious heat cycle. He was talking about Yokohama semis available back then. Not sure if the AD08 is an exception of the rule or a different tire.

AD08 are perfect for the NSX on both road and track days unless you're a purist and I'm certainly not that. 😎
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

For the NSX fitments I believe they now offer the later AD08R version ... I’ll be updating as my current AD08 are due replacement ... and for those new to AD08’s, on the NSX Ive used them all year round and on track and been very satisfied. Very high levels of grip, good wet weather stability and even wear rates .. highly recommended
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    For the NSX fitments I believe they now offer the later AD08R version ... I’ll be updating as my current AD08 are due replacement ... and for those new to AD08’s, on the NSX Ive used them all year round and on track and been very satisfied. Very high levels of grip, good wet weather stability and even wear rates .. highly recommended
    Ah, yes, they are the AD08R, sorry I was just using 'short hand' as the 'non R' isn't available anymore. I agree they are a great tyre - any more grip and I think they would overwhelm the standard NA1 chassis (the suspension is very soft! but I like the compliance and its not a dedicated track car for me)

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx
    Thanks for the update.

In the meanwhile, I've spoken to a track guy with his Integra and he stated clearly that semis are quiet on the first miles when new. But with more mileage on them they get noticeably noisier. He said that the difference was night and day AFTER the first trackday in summer or after a serious heat cycle. He was talking about Yokohama semis available back then. Not sure if the AD08 is an exception of the rule or a different tire.
    The AD08R isn't a semislick, the yoko AO series (48, 32 etc) are the semislicks. the AD08R is somewhere between a conventional performance tyre and a semislick (larger tread blocks, slightly stiffer construction and softer compound than say the Michelin PS4) I have done a full trackday and maybe 1,000 miles on the integra's AD08Rs and they are still acceptably quiet (unlike the rest of the car!) a semislick or tarmac rally tyre sounds like the wheel bearings have failed in comparison!

Great tyre with minimal compromise (wet weather maybe as they wear, higher than average wear rate) definitely the only real option now for the 15/16 original wheels IMHO. I did enjoy the bridgestone RE002 and managed 5,000miles from the rears which was pretty good - will see how the Yokos go once they are on the car.

Blog Entries

As Yokohama is switching from AD08R to AD08RS for the European market, just placing the link to my blog including the mobile tyre fitting that some of you may benefit from.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?257...e-tyre-fitting

Kaz

New Yokohama Tyre in NSX sizes - https://www.y-yokohama.com/global/pr...an_neova_ad09/ - coming to the UK soon?
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Current suggestions on tyres for a '93 with the original 'fat five' alloys? Just for street driving, no winter driving.

IIRC, I need 205/50R15 and 225/50R16 (car's at the workshop so I can't go and check).

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast