Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Good morning !, what do you think about the tires Yokohama Advan Sport V105 ? I am going to install the original NSX-02 wheels in my car, and I do not know if the flanks are strong enough, I do not find many opinions.

I usually use AD08R, I am very happy ,but they last me very little on the rear wheels. I have the full conversion NSX-02R , suspension, rear swaybar, front sway bar but of the first type R that is somewhat thinner than the 22 mm from 2002 and to drive is much better , Front reinforcement bar,and I have eliminated the lower front bar one and the car is much better(as recommended Kaz ), before it was too rigid in front, and 02R engine reinforcement bar,with all the aerodynamics and less weight.

I also use the alignment the last Type-S and I am happy , the setting NSX-02R It is very aggressive for me.

Well, just know if this tires Yoko Sport V105 is a good option, it's cheaper, but I do not know if it will be a good option for my car

Thanks
    NSX 93 conversion NSX-R 02

Wow Nuno, you have invested a lot of time, money and research into your great car in this area.

If it were me I would just buy a pair or even set of those and try them over the next few months to decide for yourself as I'm sure you know what you're hoping for.

If not happy you can always sell them on as used on places like eBay.

Good luck anyway and I will be interested to know what you do.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Hi Pride, I am Remi , Nuno is from Portugal

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXR Spain View Post
    Hi Pride, I am Remi , Nuno is from Portugal

Thanks!!
    Sorry😂, I think both of you strive for perfection 👌 so well done.👍
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Hi,

yeap... i'm Nuno

and thanks for the compliment
    i usually take too much time to do anything, because i like to do it just once,
    ence it's have to be as perfect as i can do it

as for tyres, i'll have to decide what to buy for my 17/18 Advan RSII set.

Thanks,
    Nuno

Blog Entries

Not so many feedback of V105 on NSX even in Japan.
    The owners in Japan tend to go for the OEM one (still available) or AD08R, RE71R, Direzza ZII/III, etc or slick tyres but at reasonable price.

The V105 is within the Yoko's top brand Advan family and the only tyre above it is the AD08R that was developed more towards the grip level whereas the V105 is focused to be selected as the OEM tyre supplier to fulfil the wide variety of strict demands of car manufactures.

Therefore, based on the above and feedback from owners of other makes/models, looked to be very good all-rounder.

I have never seen any replacement tyres with the same level of side shoulder stiffness as the OEM one in OEM size.
    AD08R or RE71R are nowhere near the OEM stiffness.
    Obviously, if you use different tyre size, that's a different story.

Your chassis setup plays big part on actual feedback/feeling so can't really tell just from the tyre point of view.
    Addition to this, the driver is one of the biggest key factor on tyre performance/characteristic feedback.
    It's upto the driver on whether one can use the full performance of the tyre or not and how well one can adjust one's driving style to it.

Being fortunate enough to be in the passenger seat of many FIA license holders including the F1 drivers and among them, one of them took me out around my area in his LHD NSX.

His NSX had very basic tyre (it was really cheap one) with almost worn to the limit.
    The alignment was completely unbalanced.
    It was his first visit to my place but still, his driving was so smooth and much faster than me especially with the braking.

So, in my view, anything with E marked tyre, you can use it and it's up to the driver.

Type-S alignment on European road….
    Probably it's your rear toe and camber chewing your tyre then…

After a while I drove my NSX with JDM alignment in UK, I reduced the rear toe but with bit extra camber as I didn't like or even felt dangerous on wet UK road with uneven surface water.
    Since then, went through so many tyre sets but even with AD08R, never felt uncomfortable even in wet condition.
    Still, it's a compromise compared to the OEM tyre......

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 27-01-2018 at 01:48 PM. Reason: extra info

In the past, one disturbing thing with Yokohama was that they changed the models much too frequently. Even if you found a matching set for the front and the rear in one year you could be sure that you won't be able find them in 1-2 years. That's why I stayed away from Yoko. A mixed setup is a no-go IMHO. I hope it to be more continuous with the AD08R.

Thanks Kaz for the info!!

I ordered two rear tires Yokohama Advan Sport V105 that I will ride on the original rims 2002, and I will tell you my impressions

I like driving with the car something hard suspension,I've spent a lot of time on circuits too and that's what I like, what happens is that I have to find a balance to roll on the roads of my city, with potholes, drop-offs, etc, and the typeR alignment is too aggressive from there, I put a thinner front bar and eliminated the lower front bar.

I made a Madrid-Nurburgring two years ago trip with my nsx and I ran out of back rear tires(with NSX-02R alignment), I ate them inside and I had to buy some there to go back to Spain. I bought some Nokian because there were no others, and I was surprised at how good they were.

In my city it does not rain much, and the time in Madrid is usually warm, besides I do not take the car when it rains.

the alignment of the type S does not go badly to me, when taking the car low and with the suspension of the Type R 2002, I believe that it is the most similar thing,anyway, I accept suggestions

Many thanks

I already installed the rear tires, size 255/40/17 ,They have spoken well of them, when I try them thoroughly I will comment ,I have to re-align the car

I have realized is that they do not manufacture in size 215/40/17 for front wheels,now I have them combined with the yokohama AD08R

Can you not fit 225/40/17 on the front???
    Pride.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast