Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Suggestions for 15-inch fronts? The supplies seem to be getting scarcer, and a lot of the suggestions early in this thread are no longer available. I had looked for the Goodyears (to match the rears), but they seem to be long gone.

The easily available options (via the type retailers' online databases) seem to be Pzero, AD08R (bit concerned by the wet weather worries!) and Toyo Proxies.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Suggestions for 15-inch fronts? The supplies seem to be getting scarcer, and a lot of the suggestions early in this thread are no longer available. I had looked for the Goodyears (to match the rears), but they seem to be long gone.

The easily available options (via the type retailers' online databases) seem to be Pzero, AD08R (bit concerned by the wet weather worries!) and Toyo Proxies.

Thoughts?
    Unless you use your car as an everyday driver the 888R's are amazing and for less than £100 each also great VFM.

I only use them on the fronts and with the large side walls they also offer terrific compliance and a lot of sensitivity.

Even in torrential rain I find you can still drive with confidence at normal speeds for the conditions and when the roads become dry the front end grip you get from the huge contact patch of soft rubber makes you realise why these tyres are used in competition racing, seriously amazing performance.

I must admit that it can be difficult to find a recognised supplier but eBay there's no problem.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Hmmm - I do want to use the NSX whenever I want and without double-guessing the weather. :-/ I don't claim to be a driving god and need every bit of grippy help I can get!

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Hmmm - I do want to use the NSX whenever I want and without double-guessing the weather. :-/ I don't claim to be a driving god and need every bit of grippy help I can get!
    If you're worried about double guessing the weather conditions then I can personally vouch for the AD08, a fantastic all year round high performance tyre.
    You won't be disappointed.
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Thanks. Ordered and should be on in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    You won't regret it. The S2000 is even more critical in terms of fitted tyre. Good to know they work there also.

In the early years I had Bridgestones, S-01, S-03 and the last one I had was the RE050A. It's a stiff and heavy tyre with excellent performance. They also set the record in longlivity (I wonder how I've reached that), contrary to my expectations. But they are beast to mount on the rim. I prefer a medium-soft sidewall now. It doesn't make sense to have one of the lightest rims on the car and fitting an extra heavy tyre like a Bridgestone if there are equivalent and lighter substitutes. That's why I won't go back to Bridgestone again.
    Looking to change my tyres (215/40/17s on the front and 255/35/18s on the rear) I'm looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Anyone got these, and what do they think?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quote Originally Posted by Problem Child View Post
    Looking to change my tyres (215/40/17s on the front and 255/35/18s on the rear) I'm looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Anyone got these, and what do they think?
    Both fantasic high performance tyres.

The 4S is far superior by all accounts, particularly in the wet, perfect for the wettest of pancake trips.

https://youtu.be/F65rXOlS2f8

6 minutes in sums up this comparison.
    Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Both fantasic high performance tyres.

The 4S is far superior by all accounts, particularly in the wet, perfect for the wettest of pancake trips.

https://youtu.be/F65rXOlS2f8

6 minutes in sums up this comparison.
    Just noticed they only do the 4s in 19s and 20s so no good for us!
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

we're not exactly spoilt for choice finding matching 17/18 sizes....

its a case of seeing what is available first rather than picking a tyre and presuming its made in the sizes you want!!! there was a thread on prime re. options for 17/18 combo

edit... http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...not-much-left?
    Last edited by britlude; 10-11-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

I've got PS4 all-round on the Civic, which I know is a rather different car. But they feel a small step up from ContiSport 4's - grip a little more, feedback at least as good, good progression, very good in the wet.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast