Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seen an NSX

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    I never ever heard of cars coming in tax free to Ireland? and I imported cars from as far back as 1995! Shipping it to Ireland has no tax free denifit, you will still have to show your customs 10% paid invoice and the 17.5% UK duty paid invoice in order to have the car taxed. Converting to UK miles is only about £25.00 for a good mileage converter and its very easy to install. Radio band expander is a few pounds and you will be able to pick up the UK stations, converting your rear lights so you have a rear fog is quite simple to do also. It will only be in an extreme case where your asked to change your tires, and cars that are usually over the 10year policy only require MOT as apposed to SVA so they will get away with alot less. I didnt have to change the tires on my car. I think the car would probably stand around £18,300 or so with all done and dusted.
    I could be way off with this but i thought it was a case of import a car to Ireland,register it in Ireland and then bring it to the UK.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I could be way off with this but i thought it was a case of import a car to Ireland,register it in Ireland and then bring it to the UK.
    Its cost even more to register and officially import a car into the Southern Ireland! They charge what is called VRT [Vehicle Rgistration Tax] which is based on their own system and values. Southern VAT is also 21% so if you register in the south and pay all their charges and vat then export it to UK and registering fees etc it would work out very very expensive.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

But if Northern Ireland is part of the UK where were the benefits of importing through Ireland.I'm really confused now
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

4. Default

Car I brought in was from Ireland - I was working there and had proof - think it avoided paying import duty and VAT in the UK as it was tax paid in Ireland, and once in an EU member state / Country the 'free movement of goods, services, and people' run that all EU law is based on meant there was no tax to pay in the UK.
    I may have paid 21% tax, was years ago now - 2000 / 2001 I think - did not have to have a SVA as it was registered in Ireland - but could be wrong on that point also!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12