Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Performance Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNSX View Post
    http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/cat...cfm?focus=2104

I think this is the filter system I will use. High flow, not open to engine heat & keeps everything looking std.

AR Thanks for the contact for the Headers.
    I think a member of the board lost a few horses with that box on the dyno day thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    For those thinking of going to 3.2 manifolds....

Bear in mind the 3.0 exhaust will not fit it. You can get adapter pipes to allow the 3.0 exahust to fit, but you will still need 3.2 cats or 3.2 bypass pipes. With both of these aftermarket additions, the variations in size add up, the exhaust may not hang centrally anymore.
    So it will probably save money to go with 3.0 headers.

Unless one is getting the parts fro free.

Cheers,

AR

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    So it will probably save money to go with 3.0 headers.

Unless one is getting the parts fro free.

Cheers,

AR
    Surely you mean aftermarket ?? and how could you loose HP with a high flow filter.

PS YMMV?, IMHO?

Surely you mean aftermarket ?? and how could you loose HP with a high flow filter.

PS YMMV?, IMHO?
    Apparently according to the dyno Paul's NSX lost power with the Dali Apexi filter. The OEM is near perfect.

As Kevin stated, on top of the 3.2 manifolds, you will need adapters, test pipes or cats, and a back box.

So the 3.0 Aftermarket headers will work out cheaper as cats are very expensive.

Cheers,

AR

5. Default

[quote=AR;36346]Apparently according to the dyno Paul's NSX lost power with the Dali Apexi filter. The OEM is near perfect.

As Kevin stated, on top of the 3.2 manifolds, you will need adapters, test pipes or cats, and a back box.

So the 3.0 Aftermarket headers will work out cheaper as cats are very expensive.

Cheers,

Got IT TAITECH 3.0l Headers - With Cats = +20 hp or test pipes ((Barry ? / Dirk ? ) do they work for the same company? V-Tec direct)).

Thanks

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I have heard and read this several times, however, when I changed the intake on my 3.2 (which had the H&S catback exhaust) it immediately felt smoother, more responsive and and felt to be revving more freely.

As for the steering wheel, check here for options http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96021

regards, Paul
    Hi Paul,

what intake system do you use? and how did it perferm on dyno-day?

Best Regards

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    BlueNSX has me in his avatar!!! How cool is that, finally recognition.

Anyhoo back on topic ref. air filters/induction. From my point of view, a decent filter on it's own will do very little if anything at all to performance, but when added in addition to a better exhaust, then there will be a little gain, if you make the car breath in easier, it has to be able to breath out easier. Hopefully when I finally decide what exhaust I want, I'll get a decent air filter too.

Jim
    I'm Glad you liked it.

Hi Paul,

what intake system do you use? and how did it perferm on dyno-day?

Best Regards
    I have the Procar CF intake airbox and associated intake scoop which houses the conical Apexi filter.

Does it add power ... maybe. As I've said previously in other threads, what this system did do was to smooth out the overall performance and allowed all to breath well.

Dyno day performance was a success for me as my NSX produced the best BHP results on the day.

One added benefit for me over other systems available is how good it looks inthe engine bay.

HTH, regards Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Procar airbox.jpg  
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

9. Default

The Honda Racing guys here in Germany installed that system at their 3.2l
    engine in combination with headers and exhaust.
    The difference was 12 HP+ at the dyno with that Procar intake system

Our NSX was dynoed with 301 HP without and 312 HP with that system,
    not sure if thats a power increase.

The airbox is bigger than standard (+28%), the dry APEXI filter is the best one at the market.

This is the system.
    http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/attachment...3&d=1189320388

Years before we produced some airboxes for Daliand the super succer boig gulp, which he named it at his webside.
    Years later he tried to fix that APEXI filter into the standard airbox.
    This will not work, we tested it.
    Last edited by Procar Specials; 20-12-2007 at 03:00 PM.

+12 hp?! Should this mean that the OEM air intake is the bottle-neck? Actually I don't believe this +12 hp. Is there an explanation for this?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast