Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    How much difference does I/H/E/cats make in the real world? You could spend 2-3K on these modifications and get what,20-30 BHP if you are lucky? How much difference would those mods make on the road?
    In the real world it doesn't bring that much. I certainly feel a difference but it's far from night and day. On a 91-96 they're a MUST as you gain 20 hp for sure with H/E. And if you feel the car you should feed the 20 hp. On a 3.2 these mods are questionable, esp. the header.
    One nice mod is the SOS chip if you do H/E, + 10 Nm.
    I've once installed a CT exhaust and it felt more breathing than with the Remus. Also saw this on the dyno. But I went back to Remus as the CT was simply too loud and felt it was more restricted but not by much.

What is important is the hp/£ ratio.

Obviously everyone who spends that sort of outlay wants to believe that it makes a difference,but does it really?
    Just curious.
    Yes, I know these people. The more they 'invested' the better the car runs THEY CLAIM. They even get trapped by the wrong dyno proofs of part x versus stock. The intake is such a part. +4 hp they claim, haha, that's within the variance of the dyno machine.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    I feel the difference, the extra horses and weight reduction certainly help the car.

But YMMV.

Cheers,

AR
    Weight reduction yes,but i'm talking about just I/H/E.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Weight reduction yes,but i'm talking about just I/H/E.
    Is pretty much an aknowledge fact that the 3.0 exhaust manifolds are heavy and restricted. For me 20 BHP feels like a hell of a difference. I will venture out to say that if one was to put 3.0 manifolds on a 3.2 one would loose a lot of power and be on par with a stock 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNSX View Post
    Thanks For the Feed back
    I was considering the
    Dali - C/F intake scoop with the Apexi Filter and the conector to help the car breath does anyone on the forum have this ?
    Don't see the point of the cf intake as it's not seen, Down Force do a FRP one for about £100 delivered to the UK which is a lot more reasonable and has to be just as good.

From what I've read, the OEM filter element has a decent flow to it and isn't worth changing.

I have done most of the mods you are asking about in stages and could not tell you whether the car has much more power (I would obviously hope so), but definitely noticed a more free revving engine along with the more exotic noise.
    Definitely a slippery slope when you start...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    From what I've read, the OEM filter element has a decent flow to it and isn't worth changing.
    I'd stay with the OEM air filter too. For the intake, regardless if it's FRP, CF or even plastic, you won't see it installed anyway.

In general: I went through the more hp and the less weight scenario. And from what I've seen is that it's quite difficult to save weight. The header is a good example of giving more power but less weight. If you do the exhaust too you could gain there in both ways too. From that on it'll get hard to save weight unless you don't care about commodities like A/C, stereo or money.

6. Default

For me hearing Bazzas NSX today through a tunnel from my NSX with window is WHY I WANT A ZOST. THE FU*KING NOISE MAN

And with my car being a 3ltr a header would also certainly help a bit.

But personally if im gona spend money i think ill do brakes and braces first. Like i have done, R braces for the front and Front discs and pads upgraded etc. The see what else i can do like geometry, biggest and best thing i did on my DC5 was the geometry..changed the whole car so much.
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Default K&N

I fitted a large K&N cone filter to my car today and it is no less responsive, no less powerful and sounds more fullsome on the throttle.

Takes a bit of getting used to, it really adds a baritone to the v6 drill effect, but i like it.

Don't think for one second its adding power, but it does feel snappy on the throttle inputs, as before, with a lovely noise to boot.

RE headers, I've asked this question in another thread- for my 3l car I think I'll def fit a set of manifolds, prob 3.2 ones if I can get hold of them. Can't see 6 pipes being a grands worth....This is my 5th honda and every single one has responded really well to a manifold and intake, so by all i've read the 3l nsx seems to be the same, you realease the 'latent' breathing potential of the engine....though i always tend to keep the standard back box.....don't know why!

Have mine polished at the minute with 02 tailpipes, and I love it....plus the only exhaust I'd want would be that bloody gruppe M...and its 2k....

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jamieburke View Post
    Can't see 6 pipes being a grands worth...

Have mine polished at the minute with 02 tailpipes, and I love it....plus the only exhaust I'd want would be that bloody gruppe M...and its 2k....

Jamie
    For most of us, the biggest expense of headers is the install. If one is going thru all the trouble, why not get the best headers in the first place. As proven by a few cars on Prime, even 3.2s benefit from headers.

As to the OEM exhaust, it really strangles the system and is heavy.

There are other great exhaust apart from the Gruppe M, I find the Ti GT Rom to be my favourite.

As for the big open filters, they are "Hot Air Intakes", I would suggest making some sort of shield from the engine temperature.

Cheers,

AR

9. Default

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/cat...cfm?focus=2104

I think this is the filter system I will use. High flow, not open to engine heat & keeps everything looking std.

AR Thanks for the contact for the Headers.

For those thinking of going to 3.2 manifolds....

Bear in mind the 3.0 exhaust will not fit it. You can get adapter pipes to allow the 3.0 exahust to fit, but you will still need 3.2 cats or 3.2 bypass pipes. With both of these aftermarket additions, the variations in size add up, the exhaust may not hang centrally anymore.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast