Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance Upgrades

1. Default Performance Upgrades

Can anybody give recommendation on the C/F intake (Dali Super scooper) and Apexi Filter as far as performance gains? (Have std Exhaust Manifold and Cats but with a 5Sigen Exhaust). Is supercharging the best and cheapest way to extract more HP, have a 3000 cc engine?

Will the Targa Chassis be able to handle an extra 70 to 100 BHP?

Further to this, does anybody know the MoMo equivalent to the NSX-R OEM Steering Wheel and Boss. Part numbers or information that one could use to order.

Am look at some possible upgrades makes sense to start with Intake first!!

Some Helpful advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNSX View Post
    Further to this, does anybody know the MoMo equivalent to the NSX-R OEM Steering Wheel and Boss. Part numbers or information that one could use to order.

Momo Tuner is what you want, they can be bought from most of the usual outlets MSW, Demon Tweeks etc. for about £115. I don't think the boss is available from Honda any more but I could be wrong, there are cheaper alternatives out there though. Check out the Science of Speed website for a few.

Intake does nothing for performance.

Momo make the steering boss for the Type-R. You can't get the boss as a Momo part, only as a Honda part. They cost a lot, but can be got from Daliracing. There are other brands, the Taitec being one that you can still fit the wiring through for horn and cruise.

(Have std Exhaust Manifold and Cats but with a 5Sigen Exhaust). Is supercharging the best and cheapest way to extract more HP, have a 3000 cc engine?
    Best thing you can do for your car is get some equal lenght headers. A good set will start at about a grand plus install.

As for superchargers, I would suggest getting to know the car first.

Cheers,

AR

Quote Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
    Intake does nothing for performance.
    I have heard and read this several times, however, when I changed the intake on my 3.2 (which had the H&S catback exhaust) it immediately felt smoother, more responsive and and felt to be revving more freely.

As for the steering wheel, check here for options http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96021

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

BlueNSX has me in his avatar!!! How cool is that, finally recognition.

Anyhoo back on topic ref. air filters/induction. From my point of view, a decent filter on it's own will do very little if anything at all to performance, but when added in addition to a better exhaust, then there will be a little gain, if you make the car breath in easier, it has to be able to breath out easier. Hopefully when I finally decide what exhaust I want, I'll get a decent air filter too.

Jim
    Last edited by mutley; 17-12-2007 at 06:40 AM.
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

7. Default

Thanks For the Feed back
    I was considering the
    Dali - C/F intake scoop with the Apexi Filter and the conector to help the car breath does anyone on the forum have this ?

Exhaust-now thats a bit tricker, what are the best headers ? AR suggested EQUAL LENGTH HEADERS (Taitec) who make/sell the best bang for your buck as far as headers? Also do you keep the standard Cats (sorry to repeat a question asked in another thread)? Or Replace with higher flow units?

Senninha, thanks for the advice on steering wheels.

Also do you keep the standard Cats (sorry to repeat a question asked in another thread)? Or Replace with higher flow units?
    Barry from V-Tec direct ( on this board ) can get you a good deal on Taitec Headers.

As far as cats, it all depends on what you are after, hi flows are expensive, might as well get test pipes, and swap back as needed for test etc. You wont get much BHP on an otherwise stock NSX, but IMHO it sounds better, and revs better too.

Cheers,

AR

How much difference does I/H/E/cats make in the real world? You could spend 2-3K on these modifications and get what,20-30 BHP if you are lucky? How much difference would those mods make on the road?Obviously everyone who spends that sort of outlay wants to believe that it makes a difference,but does it really?
    Just curious.

Ivor.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    How much difference does I/H/E/cats make in the real world? You could spend 2-3K on these modifications and get what,20-30 BHP if you are lucky? How much difference would those mods make on the road?Obviously everyone who spends that sort of outlay wants to believe that it makes a difference,but does it really?
    Just curious.

Ivor.
    I feel the difference, the extra horses and weight reduction certainly help the car.

But YMMV.

Cheers,

AR

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast