Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: running costs NSX vs GTO TT

Unregistered Guest

Default running costs NSX vs GTO TT

Hi all just a quick query from a prospective NSX buyer, im looking at getting a 92 NSX having owned a mitsubishi GTO twin turbo (92) for the past 2 years, my question is to anyone who maybe has owned both or knows the anwser are the running costs similar? i mean i know the nsx is 15k more to buy but for parts/fuel/servicing/tyres/MOT etc etc.
    The reason being i can afford to run the GTO but its very tight cash wise should i be ok running an NSX?
    craig
    ps also to anyone who has owned both should i be sutably impressed from the performance and handling difference from what im used to in the GTO?

Hi,

I'd imagine the NSX would cost more to keep in OEM condition - there are few cheap parts when they go wrong. Having said that I'm £15 down in 2 years and 5 months on my 2000, plus routine services (£140 for small, and £450 for big).

If you buy one on a budget be prepared to live with little niggles. I would suspect the performance to be in a different league to the Mistubishi however - the NSX should feel a lot tighter...

Just my £0.02!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi all just a quick query from a prospective NSX buyer, im looking at getting a 92 NSX having owned a mitsubishi GTO twin turbo (92) for the past 2 years, my question is to anyone who maybe has owned both or knows the anwser are the running costs similar? i mean i know the nsx is 15k more to buy but for parts/fuel/servicing/tyres/MOT etc etc.
    The reason being i can afford to run the GTO but its very tight cash wise should i be ok running an NSX?
    craig
    ps also to anyone who has owned both should i be sutably impressed from the performance and handling difference from what im used to in the GTO?
    On the off chance, is your name Steve?

Cheers,

AR

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietOne View Post
    I'd imagine the NSX would cost more to keep in OEM condition
    Actually it could go either way, meaning that the NSX can be as expensive to maintain as you want it to be.

Cheers,

AR

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    craig
    Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    On the off chance, is your name Steve?

Cheers,

AR
    I'd guess not...
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Actually it could go either way, meaning that the NSX can be as expensive to maintain as you want it to be.

Cheers,

AR
    To some degree, but it can't be as cheap as you'd want it to be either, even buying from the states big OEM part are expensive compared to your average Japanese car...

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietOne View Post
    I'd guess not...
    Well people do use pen names!

Well people do use pen names!
    My real name's Dave.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    My real name's Dave.
    So why do they call you Rodney???

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    My real name's Dave.
    Hows the broom, still original?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast