Thread: NSX Floor Mats...

Default NSX Floor Mats...

Finally got round to finding someone to make me some floor mats to replace the cheapo ones I got with my car 4 years ago....

The chap I found is an upholsterer and does all manner of retrimming. I got him to recover my shorter sunvisors recently, which he did an excellent job of.

Anyway, I chatted mats with him earlier and came up with a plan to make me some in proper Wilton carpet, not your cheapo nylon stuff. They are really reasonably priced at around £100 with next day delivery.

I've gone for dark grey which matches really well with my charcoal carpet, with black binding (vinyl as it looked better than the leather!) and a heel pad. We made a template from my existing mats and when the carpet is in stock we will cut to suit exactly before final binding.

Anyway, if anyone else happens to be looking for a reasonably priced custom set of mats PM me and I will pass on his details. They won't be ready for a couple of weeks, but when they are done I'll take some pics and post them up if anyone is interested....unless I can post his details here?

He can get logo's done if you want them too.
    Last edited by NSXGB; 20-11-2007 at 02:48 PM.

2. Default

You can also use my supplier who supplied Honda with the official mats for the last 12 NSX's sold in the UK. They have also done about a dozen or so mats of equal quality for members of this Club. Excellent quality and durability (just ask Matt - TheQuietOne), fully customised to your requirements and great value for money. For more info have a look at the following link:

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1024

A fully specced set of mats comes in at around £120 delivered (give or take a fiver).

Payments accepted: cheque, credit/debit card, paypal (subject to their fees).

Good luck with your mats - look forward to seeing the end result. Would be good to have some alternative sources for these items.

Dan

T/F: 07044 016586
    E: info@dta-motorsport.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Finally got round to finding someone to make me some floor mats to replace the cheapo ones I got with my car 4 years ago....

The chap I found is an upholsterer and does all manner of retrimming. I got him to recover my shorter sunvisors recently, which he did an excellent job of.

Anyway, I chatted mats with him earlier and came up with a plan to make me some in proper Wilton carpet, not your cheapo nylon stuff. They are really reasonably priced at around £100 with next day delivery.

I've gone for dark grey which matches really well with my charcoal carpet, with black binding (vinyl as it looked better than the leather!) and a heel pad. We made a template from my existing mats and when the carpet is in stock we will cut to suit exactly before final binding.

Anyway, if anyone else happens to be looking for a reasonably priced custom set of mats PM me and I will pass on his details. They won't be ready for a couple of weeks, but when they are done I'll take some pics and post them up if anyone is interested.

He can get logo's done if you want them too.
    Try to make sure they are not too thick because they may not sit under the seat runners properly and then rumple(is that a word??) up when the seats are moved forward.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

....my seats are always right back...

The sample of Wilton I was shown was only fractionally thicker than what I have at the moment, don't think it will be a problem, but I'll look out for that, thanks.

Not got an update at the moment, but as nobody has told me it would be a problem to put his web address here I'll do it. He can do all sorts of other work too, not just floor mats. I'm going to get him to do my leather too.

Check out http://www.bryanpurves.co.uk/

East Grinstead - that's handy!!

Thanks for the link, I didn't even know this company existed!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    East Grinstead - that's handy!!

Thanks for the link, I didn't even know this company existed!
    Thought you'd appreciate that one Ian.